“just give them back Y/N, you don’t even smoke anymore” Sherlock said. “you know I don’t mind when you smoke but your mom doesn’t know Sherlock. You can’t just go outside ever hour to smoke without your mother noticing. You have to tell her, it’s only fair” you scolded. “I’m pretty sure she already has some knowledge of my smoking habit. Mycroft probably told her a long time ago. Now give me the damn cigarettes” he said taking a step towards you. “no. Better watch out mister or I’ll smoke them myself” you smirked. “you wouldn’t, you qui smoking” he said. “watch me” you said, taking one of Sherlock’s lighters. “Y/N this is stupid” he said. “finally, since you agree it’s stupid just go inside and tell your mom you are going for a smoke instead of pretending you’re going to the toilet” you said. “I won’t, now give them here” he growled. Shaking your head you lit the cigarette and took a drag. You instantly regretted it as you started coughing, not being used to the smoke anymore. “let’s go inside, I’ll make you some tea” Sherlock said as he tried to control his laughter. “thanks” you still coughed.
“Y/N darling, are you alright?” Sherlock’s mother asked you worried. “she’s fine, she just took a too long drag of her cigarette. Give her a couple minutes, she’ll be alright” he said. “Y/N you smoke?” his mother asked, looking shocked. “she doesn’t anymore mother, she just took a drag of mine” he added. “Sherlock Holmes how dare you not tell me that you smoke!” his mother said hurt. “if it’s any consolation, I didn’t tell you either” Mycroft said as he walked into the kitchen. “myke! You are the one who taught Sherlock how to smoke didn’t you?” she asked. “mycroft is the name you gave me, if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end” he said leaving the room. “I don’t understand why you are making such a fuss about it, dad has smoked for years and still does” Sherlock complained. “you’re right. I shouldn’t be so surprised, I just wish you had told me” she said.
“I told you so” you smirked as Sherlock and you made your way back to your apartment. “hmm” Sherlock hummed, knowing that you had beaten him.
Whether they are tears of laughter or tears of pain may depend on the person, but I promise you will probably experience both.
Join me in diving into the totally bizarre world of The 100 books in which the Bellamy Blake as we know him would cry tears of humiliation and perhaps the occasional bout of awe at the things his AU self says.
I honestly can’t NOT bring to attention some of these gems that truly demonstrate how vastly different book!Bellamy and show!Bellamy are so let me get down to listing actual quotes from book!Bellamy himself.
“Is he your boyfriend?” Bellamy pressed. “No,” Clarke said flatly. But then her mouth twitched into a questioning smile. “Why do you care?” “Just taking a census,” Bellamy replied. “Specifically, to determine the relationship status of all the pretty girls on Earth.” [listen to this guy]
2. That’s what Bellamy liked best about Earth - the unexpectedness. Like a girl who kept you guessing. He’d always been drawn to the ones he couldn’t quite figure out. [listen to this lil fucker]
3.“Off you go,” Bellamy said, motioning her forward with his hands. He watched her scurry off with satisfaction. [This fUcKER]
4. “Breaking news, pretty boy.” Bellamy winked. “We’re all criminals here.” [WINKING. PRETTY BOY. I CAN’T]
5. “Good afternoon, ladies.” [please pause for a moment and try to picture show!Bellamy sauntering into Clarke’s tent and saying this line - just please TRY]
6. Bellamy didn’t know why the ancient humans even bothered doing drugs. What was the point of shooting junk into your veins when walking through the forest had the same effect? [he’s such a cliche]
7. He’d always assumed those ancient poets had been full of shit, or at least had much better drugs than he’d ever tried.
8. A crack sounded from inside the woods. Bellamy spun around so quickly, he lost his balance and fell backward with a splash. [smooth bruh]
9. Bellamy brought his hands behind his head and tilted his face toward the sun, exhaling as the warmth seeped into his skin. It was almost as nice as being in bed with a girl. Maybe even better, because the sun would never ask him what he was thinking. […]
10. “You’re doing a great job for a quack.”
“I’d recommend putting your shirt back on.” (Clarke) “Why? Are you worried you won’t be able to control yourself? Because if you’re concerned about my virtue, I have to tell you, I’m not-” “I meant”-she cut him off with a small smile- “there are some poisonous plants out here that could make that pretty back of yours erupt with pus-filled boils.” He shrugged. “For all I know, that might be your thing, doctor girl. I’ll take my chances.”
12. “I know you’re not the type of girl to make out with random guys in the woods,” he’d said with a mischievous grin, “but maybe you should be.” [i cAnT]
13. “Well, hello there,” he said as she came to a stop and paused to catch her breath. “Couldn’t stay away, could you?” He stepped forward and placed his hand on her waist [omg stop]
14. “I thought you were different. But I was wrong. You’re just another stupid Phoenix bitch who thinks she knows better than everyone else.” [this is the part where you cringe and cry and thank the TV lords that show!Bellamy would never even think of breathing such terrible words to Clarke Griffin, or probably anyone else for that matter]
15. “You’re going to regret this,” Bellamy said in a low, dangerous voice.
16. He’d start with letting the bastards starve. Then, maybe when they were all so weak with hunger that they had to crawl over to him and beg for forgiveness, then he’d consider going out to hunt. But they’d have to make do with a squirrel or something small - no way was he killing a deer for them. [this is some next-level petty shit - he’s talking about the deinquents btw]
17. Over the past few weeks, he’d discovered that he enjoyed the company of trees more than people. [k but tbh same]
18. Perhaps Earth had had enough of their bullshit already and was initiating a second nuclear winter. [k this isn’t really a noteworthy quote but its too real :0]
19. Tears were beginning to blur his vision, although if anyone called him out on it, he’d blame it on the smoke. [okay mister tough guy]
20. “Okay then.” He took a step forward and gestured for her to follow. “But I should warn you … I’ll probably take my shirt off at some point.”
So there you: Bellamy Blake Book 1. I intend to do the other two books I have read at some point as well. Hope you enjoyed! Lol. Tell me what you think of this Bellamy vs the one we know and love.