Hi! I'm just starting out with digitally coloring, and I was wondering if you could post like color tips for hair and skin. thanks!
Here are some tips that we’ve collected in our blog on hair and skin coloring tips:
Even though there are quite a few in the catalogs, I thought I’d like to post two blogs I follow that show great examples on skin tones, hair tutorials, and coloring tutorials all in the like! I hope this helps!
- humanae is a blog that posts various profiles of people with different shades of skin tones.
- ptsbrushes has numerous types of brushes that you may use for paint tool sai! perfect for different styles of coloring, sketching, shading, and more.
I also found great video tutorials on how to color step-by-step for hair and skin in the like!
- Ocean’s Paint Tool SAI Tutorial: Skin by oceantann
- How I Color on Paint Tool SAI (Voiceover Tutorial) by SeoJinnn (skin)
- Digital painting process - Pas Claire - Paint Tool Sai by Josh Galvez (skin)
- How I Color Anime Skin on Sai by DjAngelRocker
To find more of their art, you can find them down below!
- oceantann’s deviantart
- SeoJinnn’s facebook page
- Josh Galvez’s tumblr missjosh
- DjAngelRocker’s deviantart
Tutorials on Hair found on youtube (step-by-step):
- How to color/draw hair in paint tool sai by Ellococoa
- Hair Tutorial 【Paint tool Sai 】by Maruuki
- Hair colouring tutorial by Mail Cote (their deviantart)
- Tutorial; Drawing Hair by Cyarin (their facebook)
So here are different styles of hair that you can definitely check out and see what you like best! In many tutorials that are given here, they explain that there are various ways of coloring! Just pick a way that suits you. Overall, just have fun with your artwork and know that you get better with lots of practice!
I wish you the best of luck!