One of my absolute favorite things about Young Justice is the mind link. Seriously, just imagine all of the crazy stuff the team can do when they can actually read each other’s minds during a mission:
- Infinite Rickrolls
- Wally making an obvious effort to not call Robin “Dick” when they’re linked and getting really frustrated
- Being spoiled about Christmas presents and surprise parties
- When one member gets hurt everyone feels it
- Dick and Wally trying to see how loud they can scream in their minds until Kaldur starts yelling at them
- Something blows up and everyone simultaneously goes “same"
- Everyone cringing when Conner and M'gann have really loud dirty thoughts about each other
- Hearing Kaldur mentally sigh at least fifteen times a mission
- When one person has a song stuck in their head, everyone gets the song in their head
- This of course leads to the entire team becoming a silent choir as they all mentally belt out Let It Go together while beating up bad guys
- When Raquel first joined, they learned that ”??????“ makes an actual sound in ones head
- Zatanna thinking backwards and giving everyone a headache
- They even linked up Wolf once just to see what it was like and they heard weird stuff like “Boy? Boy is bird?? He is puppy??? Need cuddles??? Must protect!!!” “Superboy!💗💗💗💗 Human! Best human! Best human in whole world!” “I good boy?? Treats????” “BANE BAD. KILL BANE. HE HURT BABIES?!?!?! BITE. BITE. BITE!!! I TREATS??? I DID GOOD??????” It was definitely a learning experience about how dogs work, and they also learned about how Wolf sees Robin as a small puppy in need of protection, so that was fun to tease him about.
- Conner screams even in his mind
- There is no privacy whatsoever, so that’s how the team learned things about each other that they will definitely regret knowing
- Artemis and Wally flirting all the time just to make everyone uncomfortable
- Falling asleep on stakeouts leads to seeing each other’s dreams and even interacting in them
- Once Wally had a nightmare about his father and everyone saw it, though Wally had no idea and was confused when they spent the rest of the week being really nice to him
- On really traumatic missions, sometimes one member will get flashbacks and all of them see it too
- Dick singing Bohemian Rhapsody for five hours straight
- The team learning that M'gann curses like a sailor in her head
- Kaldur mentally goes “WTF” so many times they lost count
- Silently judging everyone together
Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-La.), chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus, and Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.) are urging FBI Director James Comey and Attorney General Jeff Sessions to investigate over 500 cases of children missing in the nation’s capital.
On Friday, the New York Daily News reported that Richmond and Norton sent a letter pleading to Comey and Sessions to “devote the resources necessary to determine whether these developments are an anomaly or whether they are indicative of an underlying trend that must be addressed.”
According to the Metropolitan Police Department, more than 500 kids and teens — many of them black teenage girls — were reported missing in Washington, D.C., since the beginning of 2017.
As of Wednesday, 22 cases remain unsolved. Read more.