Any tips for young storyboard artists and animators?
- Draw from life a whole lot! Photos, video, classes and just general life are all real good. Doesn’t have to be nice, it’s most important to get the action down quickly.
- Watch a wide variety of movies and TV, and think about what you like about them! How do they handle pacing? How do they set up composition? Where and how do they choose to cut and transition?
- Conversely, watch stuff that’s not good either, and think through what about it is not working!
- Do your own projects, especially while in school! It shows you can take on a task and complete it in a timeframe you set for yourself.
- Get used to the idea that a lot of what you do will be changed or thrown out. It’s not because your stuff is bad, it’s just the nature of the business and trying to get the best product possible.
- Draw all day every day!