Finally saw the season finale of Supergirl and it was everything I wanted it to be! Epic fights, Superman, General Zod (without actually being Zod so it didn’t take away from Rhea), Rhea vs Kara, Kara vs Kal-El, Cat Grant being a badass boss at CatCo and inspirational to Kara, the return of M'Gann, White Martians (!), Martian Manhunter fighting, Winn fanboying over Superman, Mon-El doing the right thing and showing his character arc for the season, Kara making the tough choice for the good of the world, Phantom Zone (!), Sanvers cuties, Danvers Sisters talk, Clark/Kara talk, awesome special effects… so much packed into one ep.
Can’t wait for season 3! Well-done, writers and actors. (Oh and the fun Lynda Carter/Melissa commercial for the new Wonder Woman movie was perfect!). Love love love.
One of my absolute favorite things about Young Justice is the mind link. Seriously, just imagine all of the crazy stuff the team can do when they can actually read each other’s minds during a mission:
- Infinite Rickrolls
- Wally making an obvious effort to not call Robin “Dick” when they’re linked and getting really frustrated
- Being spoiled about Christmas presents and surprise parties
- When one member gets hurt everyone feels it
- Dick and Wally trying to see how loud they can scream in their minds until Kaldur starts yelling at them
- Something blows up and everyone simultaneously goes “same"
- Everyone cringing when Conner and M'gann have really loud dirty thoughts about each other
- Hearing Kaldur mentally sigh at least fifteen times a mission
- When one person has a song stuck in their head, everyone gets the song in their head
- This of course leads to the entire team becoming a silent choir as they all mentally belt out Let It Go together while beating up bad guys
- When Raquel first joined, they learned that ”??????“ makes an actual sound in ones head
- Zatanna thinking backwards and giving everyone a headache
- They even linked up Wolf once just to see what it was like and they heard weird stuff like “Boy? Boy is bird?? He is puppy??? Need cuddles??? Must protect!!!” “Superboy!💗💗💗💗 Human! Best human! Best human in whole world!” “I good boy?? Treats????” “BANE BAD. KILL BANE. HE HURT BABIES?!?!?! BITE. BITE. BITE!!! I TREATS??? I DID GOOD??????” It was definitely a learning experience about how dogs work, and they also learned about how Wolf sees Robin as a small puppy in need of protection, so that was fun to tease him about.
- Conner screams even in his mind
- There is no privacy whatsoever, so that’s how the team learned things about each other that they will definitely regret knowing
- Artemis and Wally flirting all the time just to make everyone uncomfortable
- Falling asleep on stakeouts leads to seeing each other’s dreams and even interacting in them
- Once Wally had a nightmare about his father and everyone saw it, though Wally had no idea and was confused when they spent the rest of the week being really nice to him
- On really traumatic missions, sometimes one member will get flashbacks and all of them see it too
- Dick singing Bohemian Rhapsody for five hours straight
- The team learning that M'gann curses like a sailor in her head
- Kaldur mentally goes “WTF” so many times they lost count
- Silently judging everyone together
The best part of Supergirl, for me, is when women are interacting and supporting each other. I wish the writers understood that better. So on this International Women’s Day, this is a little thing to show we are stronger together
(click for better resolution) *EDIT: reuploaded cause I like this version better. Just minor color ajustments tbh ____
Does anyone else think of that one issue of Red Robin, where Tim has M’gann pose as him at a press conference so that Vicki Vale sees Red Robin and Tim Drake in the same place at the same time, but nobody else knew about the set up besides the Batfam?
Can you just imagine the entire superhero community seeing Tim Drake on television being shot, and they’re all probably panicked, but then less than a millisecond later the camera pans to show Red Robin fighting Scarab, and they’re all throwing down their capes, cursing out Batman and the entire Batfamily.
Like, Conner was probably halfway to Gotham when Clark calls him, and Kon just stops midair and goes “jesus fuckign. How do you deal with this bat stuff?” Then Clark says “Don’t ask me. I just found out Bruce isn’t actually dead.”
I made the covers trying to collect with humor things happened during the episode, trying to make people smile and with no intention of offending anyone. Everything commented is about characters or scenes, not the actors, who are ALL wonderful. I really don’t try to offend anyone, but each person can interpret the headlines as they want. They are made with love for the fans, and also for the actors, although sometimes I’m not sure if they will like them (if they have the doubt of what is my intention). Anyway, I hope you can appreciate and find something you like in them :)
This is a non-profit fanedit. If you like, let me know! That motivates me. Also tell me if there are grammatical mistakes because English is not my native language. And if you use it, please credit me whenever possible :)
My All Female Justice League Line-Up. (Minus Mera obviously. And only because theres no footage of the Queen of Atlantis just yet.)
“Not even girls want to be girls so long as our feminine archetype lacks force, strength, and power. Not wanting to be girls, they don’t want to be tender, submissive, peace-loving as good women are. Women’s strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman.” -
William Moulton Marston