“Thanks for coming tonight,” Steve says as the two of you walk together to the concession stand. “I owe you.”
“No you don’t.”
He takes your hand, blue eyes steadily staring back at you. “Y/N, you voluntarily chose to come to this game with me so I wouldn’t be stuck with Bucky and Sam. I owe you, big time.”
He makes a good point when he phrases it like that. No one likes to go out alone with Sam and Bucky. They value their sanity far too much for that. “Buy me some snacks and you can consider your debt repaid.”
DETAILS: When?? - Fri, Sept. 4th @ 10:30 AM PST/1:30 PM ET!! How?? - Fill our Ask Boxwith questions for us to answer - we’ll get to as many as we can on Friday! What?? - We wanna chat with you all! Have questions about Good Mythical Morning? Ear Biscuits? Us? Miniature horses? Cereal? We’ve got answers we wanna give you.
You stand at the fracture in the world, a cliff that you can step off or step away from, a chance to go back and change it all or continue forward and destroy everything.
A breath passes between the two of you.
You raise your arm and slam the bottle onto the ground.
“A breathtaking shade.” You finish, goofy grin stretching across your face as you fall onto the bed next to your best friend.
“An adventurer? For you?”
A bit of heat creeps into your face. “Something wrong with that?”
She glances at you, chewing on her lip and eyeing you before replying. “Nothing. Just be careful, okay? You never know what travelers will fall in love with next.”
You shrug at the comment, annoyed with the lack of enthusiasm she’s showing. He just clicked with you. You’d found a simple ease and banter with him, one that no one else ever gave you.
Life finally is offering you a happy ending.
The bottle whirls in circles as it tumbles down, down, down, further from your hand, further from the table, further from the safety of your strong grip. You and Newt watch it. You wonder if time seems to have slowed for him, too.
Newt brushes his hand over your cheek, eyes darting between your lips and your watery eyes. “Come on, love, no need to cry. I’ll be back in no time.”
You wrap him up in a hug, breathing him in. “It’s going to feel like forever, I know it.” Your words are muffled by his neck, but he tightens his grip on you nonetheless.
You step back and wipe at the tears in your eyes. “Maybe you should obliviate me. Then I wouldn’t miss you.”
He smiles at your joke, sending a crash of mourning through you again. Six months without seeing that smile or hearing his voice, the only means of contact letters that take weeks to deliver.
A/N: This is the first part of the series! I am so excited y’all.
Y/N laughed as her father picked her up and spun her around. The music from the symphony was upbeat as the aristocrats danced the night away. Everyone was dressed in their very best outfits and colors from every part of the rainbow were present. Jewels sparkled on the hands, necks, and ears of the women who smiled coyly at their dance partners. Y/N could see her sister Olga dancing with a handsome soldier. She stuck her tongue out at her and giggled at the disapproving glare her sister through over her shoulder.
Through the twirling, Y/N caught sight of her favorite person in the entire world. Her grandmother, the dowager empress and the mother of Nicholas II, Tsar of Imperial Russia and Y/N’s beloved father. She smiled and wriggled out of her father’s arms in favor of running across the dance floor to see her Grandmama.
“Grandmama, Grandmama! I drew this for you look! For you to look at and remember when you go to Paris.” Y/N said excitedly as she handed the childish drawing over. Her eyes grew solemn as she thought about her Grandmother’s imminent departure and their separation. “I wish you did not have to go.”
“I know, my darling, but I also have a gift for you to remember me while I am away.” Grandmama said as she reached into her purse. As she rummaged around looking for her surprise, Y/N looked over her grandmother’s shoulder and made eye contact with a boy about her age. His clothing was dirty and not nearly as grand as what she was used to, but his eyes were a vibrant blue and his dark hair kept falling over them. He tossed his head and smiled at her, giving her a wink before one of their serving staff grabbed him and dragged him back to the kitchen. Y/N might have said something, had her grandmother not found what she was looking for at that very moment.
“Look, my darling. I had it made special just for you.” Her grandmother held a little gilded box. Y/N turned it over in her hands, examining it and trying to figure out exactly what it was.
“Is it a jewelry box?” She asked. Her grandmother laughed.
“No, my darling, much better.Look!” Her grandmother clicked a necklace into where a missing flower was and cranked it several times. Music began to play as the lid popped open. In the now open box, a miniature statue of Y/N’s parents dancing spun in circles.
“It plays our lullaby!” Y/N exclaimed as she swayed to the music.
“You can play it at night, before you go to sleep, and pretend it is me singing.” Her grandmother said with a gentle smile.
“On the Wind/ Across the Sea/ Hear this song/ And remember/ Soon you’ll be/ Home with me/ Once upon a December.” Y/N and her grandmother sang together. Grandmama smiled again and handed Y/N the pendant that winds the music box. “Read what it says.”
“Together in Paris.” Y/N said, twisting her head to read the letters. “Really? Oh, Grandmama!” Y/N cried out as she throw her arms around her.
Suddenly, an evil laughter echoed through the room. Gasps sprouted from many corners as people realized who the newcomer was.
“It’s him. It’s the Joker.” Y/N heard a petrified lady whisper to her former dance partner.
Someone dropped their glass of wine and he took great joy in stepping on it to hear the glass crunch underneath his heel.
“Nice night for a party, Nicky. The only thing is, I find myself asking where my invitation is.” The green haired fiend said as he came to a stop several feet from Y/N’s father.
“You are not welcome here.” Nicholas growled, his face as hard as the marble they stood on.
“But I am your confidante! Your dearest friend!” The Joker purred as he stepped closer.
“Confidante? You are a traitor and a heathen. Get out!” Nicholas cried out, gesturing for guards to come and escort the man out.
“You think you can banish me? That’s rich. By the unholy powers vested in me, and all that good shit, I banish you with a curse to end all curses. You and, oh, I’d say your entire family? Yes, all of them. Will be dead within a fortnight. I’ll not be happy until I see your family line go up in flames.” The Joker laughed maniacally and gestured with the glowing green reliquary in his hands. A blast of green energy shot out and hit the chandelier. When the shock from watching the enormous decoration fall to the floor cleared, the Joker was nowhere to be found.
Nicholas did his best to calm the panicking aristocrats, but the celebratory mood was ruined. That night, her father sat Y/N and her sisters down and did his best to reassure them, but the unrest in the streets was obvious even to those who didn’t walk them.
Within two weeks, the gates to the palace were stormed and rioters broke down the doors. Y/N and her family scrambled to escape the murderous crowd, but Y/N fell back. She ran to her room and grabbed her music box. Her grandmother followed her and tried to hurry her to catch up with the others, but they could hear the soldiers outside. They would have been lost if not for the serving boy, the same one that had winked at Y/N that wretched night Joker cursed them all. He grabbed Y/N and her grandmother and opened a secret passage in the wall.
Y/N dropped her music box right as he was about to close the door, but he shoved her in and sealed the passage just as the soldier began to open the door. Y/N and her grandmother heard him deny what he knew, but they ran before they could find out if her survived.
They ran out of the palace and across the ice of the frozen river. Y/N heard that same terrible laugh and turned around just in time to see the Joker jump from the bridge onto the ice. It cracked beneath his weight and he began to sink. “Well, quite a predicament I have gotten myself into, eh, dearie? No matter! I’ll just have to take you with me.” He grabbed her ankle as he began to go under. Y/N kicked with all her might as her grandmother pulled her onto the bank. They ran before they could see his hands disappear into the frozen water, burying him in ice.
Y/N and her grandmother made it to the station in time to catch a train out of the city. Grandmama jumped on just as it began to move and she reached back to help Y/N, but the train was gaining speed too quickly for her to catch up.
“Take my hand, darling, please take my hand.” Her grandmother cried out as Y/N ran as fast as her legs could carry her.
“Don’t let me go!” Y/N cried out. She could feel her strength giving out as she gave one last ditch effort. With her final burst of speed, she lunged for the train and caught her grandmother’s hand, but it was not enough. She slipped and fell to the unforgiving wood of the platform. She heard her grandmother scream as her world faded to black.
me, in the mood for baby hcs even tho i know nobody wants to give me baby hcs: ripsara + kids tho
DID SOMEONE SAY BABY HEADCANONS. warning: as @rosalinesbenvolios will tell u my baby headcanons range from shits-n-giggles to angsty as hell.
- rip doesn’t want kids again. as someone who has already lost a child rip 100% never intends to have another baby because the thought of loosing a second child is so huge, so incomprehensible, that when he finds out sara is pregnant he is fucking terrified.
- he retreats to his office mumbling barely three words to get and happily drinks himself silly in a panic until she goes in and basically says “what the fuck, dude” until rip tells her that he doesn’t know if he can bear the thought of doing it all again. so she just, takes a seat beside him, grabs his hand, and says “i cant promise it will all be okay. but you won’t be alone”
- the team decides its “our baby” and not their baby and that they’re all going to be involved. when rip announces that jonah is the baby’s godfather both ray and stein are outraged and rip is like ‘well we wanted someone responsible’ ‘wE’Re rESponSIBle’ ‘ray you’re keeping a box of miniaturized dinosaurs in your quarters’ ‘yOU’re noT SuppOSED TO knoW ABOut ThAT’
- ‘so who wants to help raise our baby?’ *everyones hands go up* ‘who’s actually changed a diaper before?’ *everyone hands go down but mick* ‘guess we’ve found our poop-guy’
- listen,, rip is such a good dad, he knows how to do the pooping and the burping and the exact heat of a proper bottle and sara is left feeling??? less adequate than him and retreats a bit until rip goes to find her and asks what’s wrong. “I’m not. Good at this stuff. Not like you are.” and rip just starts giggling like a shit and says, “That’s because I’ve done it before, christ, did you think I knew all this when Jonas was born? I spent a week sleeping by his cot because I was scared that he’d roll over and fall between the bars. I had to learn - and you will, too. Let me show you?”
- so rip teaches sara how to burp a baby and his laughter when she gets sick in her hair is so genuine and he doesn’t notice how he said jonas’ name without thinking about it for a day
- having a kid just makes both of them so much brighter - the tired look in rip’s eyes slowly fades away and he smiles so much, it’s strange, jax is sitting at the kitchen table one day like ‘whats up with rip’s face?’ and they all look and rip is grinning at the bab and its at that moment that they all know that they’ve never seen him really smile, smile like his lips are gonna crack, not before. but it starts showing up more and rip starts singing to the baby and pulling silly faces and he’s killing them. he’s killing them. the man they met is unrecognizable from the man reading from a kids book in a funny voice, completely oblivious to the fact that sara is livestreaming it back home to their friends.
- and sara is just such a mama bear about it. some nights she just wakes up in the middle of the night and sits by the cot and takes her baby’s tiny hand and whispers “nothing bad is ever going to happen to you. not while I’m around. or if it does, I will always, always, come for you. I promise” and she honestly couldn’t remember what it felt like to love something so much, so much she aches, so much her heart feels like it’s gonna crack when she holds her baby
- they fabricate era-appropriate clothing for the baby and sara keeps a facebook album of all the cute outfits. a little sailor uniform. the smallest roman toga ever seen. a prim-and-proper 1920s suit and a fake curled mustache ray puts on the baby’s face. the tiny cowboy one gets over a hundred likes and she gets a snap of oliver crying looking at it.
- sara, breaking into a strong-hold with two guns, a knife, and a hand-grenade and fighting off 200 men with rip following right behind her picking off the strays she misses: give me back my fucking baby
- like ohhh boy, mess with rip and sara? fair game. mess with their baby? you better run. fast. through space and time, and never stop running, because they’re coming for you.
- rip tells bedtime stories of places he’s been and people he’s met and sara laughs you’re gonna turn our kid into a nerd but she curls up right beside him and falls asleep to the sound of his voice, too
listen i love kid headcanons so much i could go on for days but its late and i have so many asks now, so, more kid headcanons will come another day
Not my gif. Gif credit goes to the amazing creators!
Anonymous said:Hi, could you do an imagine where Emmet wants a pet but he gets upset because he knows he’ll outlive it so you get him a tortoise because those things live till their like 1,000(I’m studying to be a vet &I my teacher has one(if you can somehow reference this I’ll sell my soul to you)). If you don’t want to that’s fine, I just thought it’d be funny and really cute.
A/N: Heya lovely! Of course! I really enjoyed writing this, and I hope that you enjoy what I’ve come up with! I really found this request cute, and I enjoyed writing it! Omg, that’s so cool that you’re studying to be a vet!!! Thanks so much for your request! - Admin Kat 💟
Melancholy wasn’t ever Emmett’s style. No it was not. He’d had the prospect lately of wanting to add a member to the family; certain that no one would injure or harm it. However, finding the perfect pet seemed brutally difficult: Nothing really would outlive him, and there was no possible way for him to prolong his life. One bite from a vampire and the venom would encase it’s veins, making it no more.
You were certain that he would have sensed it’s presence, the little scuffling in the box, it’s miniature heartbeat. It was a wonder that you’d managed to get a hold of it; with much thanks to Edward!
“Emmett!” you called his name and quite languidly, slowly, he managed to settle himself to his feet and wander over to you. The sadness hitting him hard. But not for much longer.
“What is it, babe? The games on.” he beckoned to the glowing television that flashed all sorts of colors, showing the game that he had been eager to see. It was the only thing cheering him up.
“How is it? Alice’s visions proving a winning streak?” you raised your brows, settling the little box down on the counter. His golden orbs followed it, seeing a dark hump in the middle of the hole punched box.
“Nah, we’re getting our asses kicked.” he smirked, fingers unhooking the side of the lid, prying it off.
A little tortoise stared up at him, black orbs blinking. “What’s this?” his wolfish grin spread across his countenance as he picked up the little fellow, - surprisingly tenderly at that -.
“Well, you know how you wanted a pet?” you murmured pretty sheepishly.
“Yeah. You got me a tur-”
“It’s a tortoise!” your brows scrunched together, only causing him to laugh all the more heartily. “They live for around one thousand years, so I figured that it’d be your best option for an edition to the family.” you smiled at his bright, bright orbs that twinkled at the tiny animal.
“Awesome! I’m gonna name it…” and off he went to watch the game with the little tortoise in his bulky bulbous fare hand. The amounts of options of names that floated around the house… well, let’s just say it took almost a lifetime to come up with one for the little ectothermic critter.
Emmett was eternally grateful to you.
Please keep requesting imagines! If you like it, please follow for more.
Hello! Just wanted to post in case I didn’t mention it: I’ll be exhibiting at TCAF 2017 in Toronto, Ontario this weekend! I’m at the Comics x Games exhibit with my game demo. I was thinking of making prints to sell but instead I made little kits you can assemble a miniature game box art model out of! Come find me i you’re in town!