British retailer Primark has pulled a T-shirt based on The Walking Deadafter a customer found it “racist” and “fantastically offensive."
The incident, first reported by the Sheffield Star, occurred in Sheffield, England, at the chain department store Primark.
The shirt features a bloody, barbed wire-covered baseball bat — the signature weapon of Negan — and the phrase "eeny meeny miny moe."
In both the show and the comics, Negan recites the nursery rhyme while deciding which member of the main group of protagonists to kill.
However, the Primark customer noted that the nursery rhyme has a racist origin dating back to the 1900s, in which the "tiger” in “catch a tiger by the toe” was originally the n-word. Read more (2/23/17 9:09 AM)
J in a basic black tee is heaven to me, but bae is in Hell here. He’s just about holding it together while watching a How It’s Made on caviar (lol) when the news report on Drew Sharp sets him off into tears. And Walt does his best manipulation-through-reason job, but he blows his load at the end by whistling up a storm as J cuts out early for the day. Like, a jaunty tune was all it took to put the seed of suspicion back in Jesse.
There is a clash of Walt’s moral relativism and Jesse’s tendency for objectivism here, but also a clash of fatal character flaws between the two. Jesse’s emotions may control and overpower him at times, but Walt lacking Jesse’s idea of an appropriate emotion in response to the death of a child, thus lacking a sense of moral responsibility, leaves Jesse passing judgement on him. As a relativist, Walt has adjusted his sense of responsibility, and everything he says to Jesse to dilute his guilt seems rational (or does it?). He says there’s plenty of time for soul-searching after they’ve cooked all the meth they can cook, and collected all them fat stacks. Despite appearing rational, this manipulation exposes one of Walt’s greatest character flaws, and one I believe was the key to his downfall as perpetrated by Jesse: his lack of sincere compassion for others. His sociopathic behaviour naturally breeds suspicion within someone as sensitive as Jesse, but Walt’s actions for pure self preservation, and his deception toward this end, undo him in season 5B when Jesse uncovers the Lily of the Valley plot. If Walt had just listened to Jesse’s pleas about being sent to Mexico by Gus, instead of becoming enraged over Jesse’s lie about seeing Gus, he would never have been in a position to have to win Jesse’s loyalty back in season 4. Okay, I went a bit psycho tangent-y there, but my point is that Walt appears like this rational moral relativist in order to mask his insincerity and lack of compassion.
Is Jesse really a moral objectivist? His penchant for drugs and revenge tells us no, and so I think he’s a bit more complex, like many of us: some morals are absolute, while others are relative to culture, society or tradition.
At the end of this scene, Jesse gets that call from Mike, and we know instantly a division is in the making. I can’t help but wonder how things would have played out if there were no triumvirate. How long would it take Jesse to peace the fuck out?
How would MC break the news that she's expecting to her man? (After they've been together and married ofc, and with Jaehee maybe they got cleared for adoption~) And how would the other react??
This was so cute to write! Thank you for this request ^0^ - Michelle Xx
- It was the premiére of the latest production - He was giving it his all - Everything was going great - During one of his lines he looked at the crowd to find you - You were holding up a sign - ’Knight Zen + Queen MC = Baby Prince/Princess! Congratulations, daddy!’ - He forgot the rest of his lines - Baby? As in… A tiny him? Or a tiny you? - He fell out of character and started cheering - He kept yelling that his beautiful wife is pregnant with his child - The director was disappointed and happy at the same time
- Hell had frozen over and Jaehee was able to have a normal lunch with her beloved partner - You were at a nice little restaurant across from the C&R building - Sipping from her coffee, you gave her a fortune cookie - She gave you a confused and funny look - She opened it and read the message inside - ‘We got cleared for adoption!’ - She dropped the cookie - Then she looked up at you… - …and reached over the table to kiss you - You were finally gonna mommies
- The day was finally over and all of his furry patients were well taken care off - All he wanted to do was fall asleep with his head on your lap and probably get drool all over you - You were already snuggled up on the couch - Thank the Lord that you brought him his dinner earlier that evening ‘cause he couldn’t keep his eyes open anymore - Just before he layed his head down you told there was a package delivered for him - He wasn’t expecting a package? - He opened it and inside were… mini -t shirts? - With his LOLOL character on it - And some bibs saying stuff like 'Youngest Guild Member’ - Then he found a card with the text 'Achievement unlocked: Pregnant wife’ - He shot up from the couch, throwing his arms in the air and screaming in joy - 'I GOT MY WIFE PREGNANT!! WE’RE HAVING A BABY!!’ - He sat down again and started prepping kisses all over your stomach - You weren’t showing - He fell asleep happy and drooling
- Dinner was peaceful between you and your husband - He was talking about his day at this office and how his meetings today went - 'But enough about my day, how was your day, my love?’ - You told him you had to excuse yourself for a moment - You returned with Elizabeth the 3rd in your arms and placed her on his lap - He looked at you confused and then confused at Elizabeth - You told him to look at her collar - There was a little envelope attached - He opened it and pulled out an ultrasound photo with the caption 'A new member for the Han family’ - He put the ultrasound down and Elizabeth on the floor and walked over to you - Got on his knees and takes your hands into his and kissed your fingers - He cried softly when he said - 'Thank you for making me the happiest man alive’
- He had been building new toys all day in his workshop when he called him to come to the living room - When he walked in, he saw you standing behind a crib - And holding up a little cat onesie - He stood there in silence for a while - He was quick to catch on tho when he started stammering his thoughts about all of this - You nodded your head with a big smile on your face - He strode over to you and pulled you into his arms - 'Thank you for giving me a family again’ - It was a sweet moment until he opened his mouth again - 'So you weren’t gaining weight, but gaining a baby’ - He slept on the couch that night
initially i planned to scrape everything off because they’re very cringe worthy but i figured keeping them in case some of you would like to read them again couldn’t hurt! ♥ (and now a mobile post in case the original page gets faulty / split into two bc there were errors)
She’s walking through the door, greeted by the sounds of chatter. Clearly Cyrus has some friends over. Toward the source of the noise does she stroll, decked out in a TINY mini - skirt, a tight t - shirt with some rips in it ( & plenty cleavage on show ), it’s her U S U A L attire, paired with some heels for good measure. “Heya Cyrus, Cyrus’ friends.” She gives a few nods to the people in the room, then moving to the cupboard, not caring how much is seen when she bends over to grab a glass. “Doin’ anythin’ interestin’?” She questions as she fills the glass with water, turning back to the small group.