MINI PUMPKIN PIESYield: 2 dozen
The things you’ll needIngredients
- 2 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ vanilla bean
- ½ cup butter flavored shortening, chilled
- ½ cup salted butter, chilled
- 6 tablespoon buttermilk
- 6 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Egg wash
- Pastry brush
- Decorating bag fitted with a #849 tip
- Cinnamon for decoration
- Large mixing bowl
- Mini tart pan
- Plastic wrap
- Round cookie cutter
- Rolling pin
- Baking sheet tray lined with parchment
- Two medium mixing bowls
- Hand mixer
- Two rubber spatulas
- Small ice cream scoop
Let’s get started!
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, vanilla bean, and salt.
- Add cubed butter and shortening and work between fingers until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Drizzle in ice-cold buttermilk. Work in the buttermilk to form a dough.
- Form the dough into two discs and wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill for 2 to 24 hours to set.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium mixing bowl use a hand mixer to combine cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each addition and scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Add pumpkin, spices, salt and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- When dough is set, roll out to 1/8 an inch thick and cut circles out using the round cookie cutter. Line dough rounds into each tart pan.
- Use a fork to prick the bottom of the crust then brush egg wash on the tops of each cup. Scoop filling into each pie cavity almost to the top, almost 2 tablespoons.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Allow to fully cool before adding topping.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to whip the heavy cream and sugar until stiff. Scoop into a decorating bag attached with a #849 tip.
- Sprinkle each pie with a bit of cinnamon. Ta-da! Mini pumpkin pies!