Staple closet pieces? Including shoes and jewelry 😊
Alright this is going to be a long post…
My personal style can be described as classy and elegant with a twist of edgyness. Think elegant Kendall Jenner x Bella Hadid x Ulyana Sergeenko candid & formal photos.
Although it happens that I put less effort into dressing for university and other unimportant stuff like just running errands or do some small shopping in town because frankly, I don’t care and do not have to impress anyone with my 900€ shoes and 3,500€ coat. I live in a small town, so this just adds to me feeling indifferent. It doesn’t happen often, but still.. it does happen. However, when I am in a big, fancy town, I of course dress to impress and like I’m about to see my worst enemy. I think that this should go without saying haha!
Aside from that my style is as I have described above.
I used to buy stuff from H&M and Zara a lot and mix it with high-end designers, but now it all shifted to just high-end designers. It’s just personal preference. I am fed up with the poor quality and designer knock-offs. I very much cherish the improved quality that I have with designer pieces. Although the quality from oh so many pieces is pretty ridiculous too, to be honest! Do not think that designers necessarily offer the very best quality for their price. Most of the time the prices they charge can’t possibly ever be justified with the quality of their merchandise. It’s just the name you are paying for, really. This is why my #1 mission is always to look for the best quality in anything. I can see a Valentino dress that is so god damn gorgeous and not like the fabric. Or the beads and embellishments seem to be very cheap. I will not buy it, although I regret it because it’s stunning but whatev.
Understand that I am on a monthly budget just as everyone else is. Yes, I might have a whole wardrobe bursting with luxury and designer names, but I have amassed this all over years, with roughly 80% of my own money and 20% of SD money. I am a very practical person and buy clothing, shoes and jewellry that I am able to wear every day and for any occasion. There are some occasional SPECIAL purchases too, of course. But only when I see something seriously special. I had a phase in which I bought at least 20 pairs or so of Louboutins.. and how many have I actually worn out? Maybe…6? This, too, taught me to be practical.
As for jewellry, I generally don’t wear jewellry except for my gorgeous silver ring that looks like a flower made of tiny diamonds, with a beautiful big black pearl in the center of it. It is very special to me. As for earrings, I alternate between beautiful pearl studs when I want to look all preppy, classy and elegant (I think that they also make me look younger, funnily enough) and diamond studs and chandeliers sometimes for daytime and evening as well. I don’t care. I wear stuff that is supposed to be worn in the evenings in the day, too. It adds to the ‘uniqueness’ of my style which sets me apart from others.
Please mind that I am not going to drop designer names (xcept for four) because well, I don’t want to seem like an arrogant, overly spoiled brat who just wants to show off. No! I am happy to provide you with pictures or whatever in private, if a certain piece has piqued your interest or if you want to know which pieces I exactly have, so just gimme a shout.
So, my general staple pieces for the day would be:
* A few pairs of skinny jeans - lighter denim colour without wash, one distressed black one (I like the slits at the knee), a normal black one, a mid-dark denim with a subtle wash. I only wear skinny jeans at this point in my life, with a seldom exception. Full length and I very much like ankle length or a little over the ankle in summer. Skinny jeans accentuate my lean and long legs - and I like to shift focus on my legs.
* Skinny black leather pants. Normal ones, not like the Givenchy & Saint Laurent zipper thing.
* This seldom exception would be one pair of black high-waisted, perfectly tailored trousers that are overall just a little bit wider.
* Two pairs of black cigarette trousers like Audrey Hepburn used to wear.
* As for t-shirts and tank tops, I like basic black and white ones. Round-neck, V-neck, doesn’t matter. I do not like any kind of prints unless it’s an okay print. Well I guess I am guilty of owning the black & white Balmain tank tops with the three golden buttons on the left shoulder haha but these are the only printed shirts in my wardrobe because they do add a little bit of sophisticated edge to my day looks.
* Elegant silk blouses are also a must in my wardrobe. Here, I like playful pussy bow blouses and a bit more ‘daring’, statement blouses. Although I do not like statement or ‘IT’ pieces in general and usually stay far away from them. I like to wear these blouses with my black high-waisted trousers.
* I am a sucker for coats. I own a lot of coats. Fur and normal ones. I adore a good camel coat and am also a sucker for military-inspired coats. The colours of my choice, for normal coats, would be camel, black and navy at this time. Other colours for fur coats.
* I fucking love capes and have quite a few. Black ones, mid-length to the middle of the thigh I’d say.
* Jumpers / Longsleeves / etc. Here, I am always looking for good quality cashmere, and wool. Mainly wearing them in autumn and winter. I like turtleneck pieces a lot.
* Warm Scarves - all my scarves are of a cashmere/silk mix. I also wear them when it’s cold or just throw them over my shoulders on a chilly summer night when I’m out at a dinner party or so.
* Fancy Scarves - silk. I sometimes wear them under/over a blazer, with a normal button down shirt and a high-waisted skirt.
* Skirts - one high-waisted black leather mini skirt, a black high-waisted heavy wool skirt / knee length
* Shorts - different pairs of mini denim shorts, beautiful lace mini shorts, black leather mini shorts
* Blazers - oh boy. I love blazers. I have so many. Again, black and navy coloured blazers. I have this beautiful slim, perfectly tailored black blazer that is a bit longer than a usual blazer - just beautiful. one of my fav pieces.
* Jackets - love. black leather jackets for the edge, but elegant leather jackets. I also dig black leather jackets with a beautiful embroidery on the back side. and uhm *coughs* of course the classic - the Chanel jacket. normal black and beige. is an absolute must have. and so versatile! I have the cropped versions as they fit my body far better than the regular length ones.
* Dresses - oh uh. I collect dresses. For any occasion. However I prefer short dresses, above knee length and mini dresses. Do have a couple of mid-calf length dresses, though. Here I say that the fancier the dress, the better. But it still has to look absolutely beautiful and not dramatic. Although I would have loved to have that black/red and red Proenza Schouler ostrich feather dresses just because they look so badass.. but where the hell would I have worn it to.. that’s the other question haha! I love brocade, I love silk, I love lace, I love velvet dresses. My dress colours are usually black and red but I also do have some white, silver, blue dresses. As for the regular shopping day in town, I just wear a long black dress with gladiator flats and that’s it. Dun care. Bye, Felicias.
* Shoes - sexy black high pumps, the famous espadrilles (I like wearing them in summer with my ankle-length skinnys), the famous Balenciaga boots with the cutouts at the sides and the two buckles with silver hardware, not gold (literally every Russian jetset baby has these boots omg haha), velveteen ballet flats, silken/satin ballet flats, gladiator sandals (which are bound up to the knee), sexy suede overknee boots - I like my overknee boots to be of mid-thigh length, sneakers (have so many omg..leather and suede (apart from the one pair of Nike sneakers I like to wear on long haul flights. various models, various colours), various black combat boots that look more delicate than ugly and harsh, lace-up high heels, platform pumps, I LOVE high heels! gosh… it’s hard to describe without naming the designers and the particular models because it all sounds so vague and ugly haha! I like classy shoes as much as I like very special models like embellished shoes or just some fancy colours, etc.
* Silk Pajamas - I have a pair of baby pink ones and a pair of baby blue ones.
* Lingerie - am a lingerie addict, but which girl isn’t?
* Silk Robes - long dressing robes, short morning robes, everything. Black, white, red, and the pastel colours from above (babypink, babyblue)
* Invest in good stockings! Quite a few pairs of normal black ones. And black ones with the sexy seam at the backside for more..well, special evenings and occasions ;)
* Hats - Maison Michel; different colours, made of felt
These are pretty much my staples. I am so sure that I have forgotten many many other things, but this should suffice. I have written a post on my personal fragrance choices which you might want to check out if you are interested in this as well!
So I officially suck at AU
Week and timelines (this I’m reminded of EVERY time this event comes along).
This was supposed to be a day 3 update for sci-fi but now it’s just another
chapter update. If you’re still reading I hope you like it. Thanks to the
awesomely brilliant Nicole @romanoffsbite for the beautiful cover.
Synopsis: Caroline Forbes
takes a post-graduation camping trip in the mountains with her friends only to
return to nothing and no one. Can she find out what’s happened, especially with
arrogant Klaus Mikaelson along for the journey? You can read from the beginning
Chapter 4: Fader
Her high pitched squeal
was enough to render him practically deaf but Elijah didn’t really notice until
Katherine’s lithe body was firmly nestled in his arms.
If he was being honest it
didn’t feel entirely foreign but unfortunately they had so much more to worry
about. The fact her house was bathed in darkness and there was no sign of human
life was just another reason to believe the worst.
“Any reason why you jumped
into my arms?”
“It was dark and I thought
I felt something?”
“Well, what do you expect
it’s pitch black in here,” she complained, freeing herself and straightening
her denim mini shorts that had managed to ride up further in the process.
“You know it wouldn’t hurt if you could be a little less judgmental..”
“Robotic?” He huffed. “We
are in the middle of a crisis but you’re too busy trying to type cast me and by
the way you are way off the mark, Miss Pierce.”
“Sorry,” she conceded.
Even in the darkness he could make out her downward gaze. “Call me stupid but I
spent the whole time travelling here telling myself they were going to be
“It’s not stupid,” he
murmured sincerely. “I did the same thing earlier to be honest. But there has
to be some explanation to all of this, people don’t just disappear so suddenly.
Our parents can’t just disappear.”
“But they have, Elijah.”
“There must be some
explanation,” he repeated desperately.
“I spent so much time
rebelling against my parents which is why they sent me away,” Katherine
admitted sadly. “I guess I didn’t really appreciate them and now I’ll probably
never see them again to say I’m sorry.”
“Don’t say that,” Elijah
ordered, his hands finding their way to her shoulders in the darkness. “They’ll
be fine; everyone will be fine. We just need to find out what happened and then
we can fix this.”
“How can you be so calm
during a crisis?” Before he could respond she continued. “Let me guess, it’s
all that Tai Chi you practice?”
“That and having to grow
up in the Mikaelson household. It was either fight with stubborn, know-it-all
idiots or relish in the peace and quiet whilst always knowing I was actually
“Suddenly, it doesn’t seem
like such a bad choice,” she smiled knowingly. “So, what exactly happens next?”
Klaus couldn’t miss the hope reflected in her brown eyes and was suddenly
scared to disappoint this beautiful girl he barely knew.
“We’ll see what supplies
we can collect here and then head to Bonnie’s place, she’s the closest right?”
Katherine nodded by way of response. “I’m sure…”
“Thanks,” she interrupted
his hurried spiel, placing her soft hand on top of his briefly. “I’m just glad
I didn’t have to walk in here alone, you know given everything that’s
“I couldn’t agree more.”
Although it was dark, the feeling of her touch was enough to know he wasn’t
alone either and to take some form of much needed comfort on his