Alright kids. Study tips from someone who’s 25 and has done a lot:
- Go to the library to study and turn off the internet.
If your notes are online, print them. If you’re cheap, go to a place where everyone can see your laptop screen. If you dick around on facebook or tumblr or whatever, you will be relatively self conscious. You’ll look like a total jackass. If your notes are online, take screenshots of that shit then turn the internet off.
- Taking notes from a book? Rad.
Read it once, don’t take notes. Read it again, highlight and take notes. BTW one of my degrees is in bio anthro, and my freshman year I highlighted the word “macaque” every time it came up.
- Gonna drink? Plan accordingly: the earliest class should be 10. Most of mine were 11.
- Don’t be an asshole and sit in the frount during lectures. Save that shit for discussion.
- I minored in bio psych because I’m bipolar, so for all those classes, when they say “do this experiment/interview an old person” fuck that. Make it up.
- I have two degrees and am working on a doctorate for one of them. I want to be a professor by age 28. Trust me dick nips.
- GO TO GUEST LECTURES ESPECIALLY AS AN UNDERGRAD
You will get in the good graces of your prof and they will be good references for job applications
I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!
- “Attendance not mandatory”
Do it anyway. Lame sycophantic student, I know. Just sit in the back and chill. Same reason.
Alright. I hope that answered all your questions.