One of my favorite things about writing this fanfiction where Regulus comes back as a ghost/spirit/guardian angel/…thing and is literally chained to Draco and has to prevent the ferret from making the same mistakes that he did is that Regulus has missed so much in eighteen years! And it’s fun just writing little scenes where Draco has to fill him in on things. Like:
Regulus sighed and whispered, “Ah man…”
“Nothing,” Regulus sadly said, “I had just hoped that Voldemort would be defeated by now.”
His heart sank as he realized that his attempt to destroy the locket had been for nothing. His death had been for nothing.
“If it helps,” Draco spoke up, “He was defeated.”
“But you said-”
“He was gone for about thirteen years,” Draco explained, “But he came back.”
Regulus merely stared at him.
“Yeah,” Draco muttered, “It’s a long story.”
And that’s only one bullet on the long list of things that Regulus has to figure out. Other bullets include:
- So James did marry Evans?
- Wait…James is dead?
- Why is Snape the Potions Master?
- Hang on…Snape’s good?
- How did Evans react to th-she’s dead too!?
- What do you mean Peter Pettigrew betrayed them!?
- My brother was in Azkaban for twelve years!?
- BELLATRIX KILLED SIRIUS!?
- JAMES POTTER’S SON DEFEATED VOLDEMORT, BECAME THE CHOSEN ONE, AND HAS TO DO WHAT NOW!?