Ooh headcanons! Casual intimacy? With the whole family! The careful way Wolf touches Cress's shoulder to move past her or quietly get her attention. Cinder plopping her feet in Thorne's lap. Winter twisting a curl of Scarlet's hair. Kai and Jacin in a crowded elevator, and Jacin edging protectively closer. Just little touches--things that show how close they are!
Ahhhhhhhh!!! Your examples are so incredibly adorable all by themselves! I can’t even express how much I love the idea of Wolf being so very careful about how he touches Cress. Instinctive little touches like that are such a big part of what makes the Rampion crew more family than friends. Touches and actions like…
- Iko absently playing with the hair of whoever she’s sitting next to. She weaves delicate braids into Cress’s short locks (or Jacin’s longer ones), then unravels them to leave pretty little waves.
- Jacin automatically throwing out an arm to halt any unpleasant jolts for his passenger—often Kai or Cinder or Winter—when the hover brakes unexpectantly.
- Thorne gently tucking his flight jacket around Cinder’s shoulders when she falls asleep in the Rampion’s copilot seat after several hours’ worth of work on the control panel’s wiring.
- Scarlet holding out a spoonful of the stew she’s just made to Cress for tasting, her other hand poised under it to catch any drips.
- Winter propping her chin on Kai’s shoulder while they’re waiting for Jacin to bring the hover around after yet another exhausting press conference about the bioelectricity inhibitor.
- Cress wordlessly handing any stubborn pickle/jam/jelly jars over to Wolf to open for her.
- In turn, Wolf wordlessly handing over tangled headphones or knotted shoestrings to Cress because her small fingers excel where his giant hands fall short.
- Thorne carrying Cinder’s discarded heels (and Cress’s, of course) for her as the Peace Ball winds down and everyone’s walking back to the palace’s living space together.
- Wolf snagging Thorne’s collar to haul him back before he accidentally steps off a curb wrong or steps in something unpleasant in the barnyard.
- Iko holding onto Cinder’s arm for balance as she adjusts the strap on her sandals.
- Scarlet dishing up second and third helpings at dinner without being asked because after all the meals they’ve eaten together, she knows who’s going to want what.
- Kai bumping his shoulder against Thorne’s in greeting (and as a wordless “scoot over”) when he drops onto the couch next to him on movie night.