- repetitive behavior that is specifically done to hurt you
- they put you down constantly
- they ignore you and exclude you on purpose in an attempt to control you/make you want them more
- guilt trips, guilt trips, guilt trips
- using money/physical abuse/sex/threats to control you
- constant calling/texting when you’re not physically with them to “check up on you” and getting violent when you dont respond
- threatening to commit suicide/hurt themselves or others if you leave them
what isn’t abuse:
- hurting you feelings once or twice and not knowing they’re doing it because you’re not expressing that you’re hurt by their actions.
- hanging out with another one of their friends/their romantic partners without you.
- breaking off a friendship/relationship to take care of their own mental health/take care of their own problems first
You guys need to learn the difference because a LOT of people on this site are throwing around the terms “abuse” and “abuser” when in reality the “abuse” and “abusers” only fit the criteria under what ISN’T abuse.