5 Ways To Deal With Negative Thoughts
1. Mindfulness - grounding ourselves in the now using our senses. Negative thoughts can stem from the past or future, but rarely are they created from the now. When we bring our awareness to the present moment we see that these thoughts have no relevance - we can do this by losing our minds and coming to our senses.
2. Creativity - soul expression. We can express the emotions our negative thoughts bring up for us creatively which gives them an outlet - rather than trying to ignore them which only increases the resistance inside us and allows the negativity to manifest in other ways.
3. People - positive vibe tribe! Voicing our concerns with someone we trust or a professional can help to alleviate much of the negativity that surrounds these thoughts. Through expressing how we feel we are confronting these thoughts head on and increasing our awareness of how they affect us which decreases their impact the next time they arise.
4. Awareness - stop following the thought train. We need to become aware of our thoughts - which is where meditation can be extremely helpful. Becoming the watcher of our minds allows us to observe where our thoughts are going and make conscious decisions as to which thoughts we want to feed energy to and which thoughts we want to turn our focus away from.
5. Self-love - a lack of self-love is the root of all suffering. Negative thoughts do not cease forever, we just get better at dealing with them - one way to do so is by loving ourselves. If the negative thoughts revolve around the way we see ourselves this can be remedied by showing ourselves love - exercise, rest, healthy food & doing what we love.
Negative thoughts are a manifestation of what we feed our minds, spending time doing what makes us feel good will reduce the frequency and intensity of negative thoughts. We must also become aware of what triggers these thoughts and confront that which we’re being presented with.
Negativity can’t exist where there’s humour.
Peace & positive vibes.