People Are Obsessed With New Starbucks “Rainbow Drinks”… and They’re Vegan!
These secret-menu creations are perfect for summer and can all be made vegan!
• Pink Drink This is the most popular of the “rainbow” drinks! Get the Strawberry Acai Refresher and swap out the water for coconut milk.
• Purple Drink Add vanilla syrup and blackberries to the Iced Passion Tango Tea and swap out the water for soy milk!
• Blue Drink It’s the Purple Drink without blackberries. Get the Iced Passion Tango Tea, swap out the water for soy milk, and add some vanilla syrup! • Green Drink Get the Iced Black Tea, swap out the water for coconut milk, and add matcha! • Orange Drink Order the orange mango juice and add two scoops of vanilla bean powder and a splash of coconut milk!
Try them all to find your favorite!
*As always, be sure to double check ingredients and ask your barista to ensure no animal products are used to make your drink.
Today’s tea: Vanilla Chai! Chai originated in India, and usually contain lots of spices like cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, etc. But today I wanted to spice it up a bit by adding vanilla! Again, a super easy recipe, and really nice to warm you up on a snowy day, which today just so happens to be! Here it is:
Makes 1 serving
1 ½ cups milk of your choice
1-2 bags of your favorite chai tea
2 tsp of vanilla extract, or to taste.
1) warm milk on the stove. Again, you want it to be steamed, not boiled, and be careful to avoid scum buildup. Pour into mug.
2) place teabags in mug and steep for 5-7 minutes. Remove tea bags.
3) add vanilla extract and stir thoroughly.
And it’s THAT easy!!! This recipe is super quick, warms you right to the core with all the chai spices, and is really yummy. Enjoy!
rules: once you have been tagged you are supposed to write 92 truths about yourself. at the end, choose 25 people to tag!
LAST…  drink: black tea with soy milk  phone call: my mom  text message: beca  song you listened to: tuesday  time you cried: 30 mins ago at the cinema. the movie was so good i’m ;;
HAVE YOU EVER…  dated someone twice: well.. yeah  been cheated on: no  kissed someone and regretted it: yeah  lost someone special: yeah  been depressed: lol  gotten drunk and thrown up: no
LIST 3 FAVOURITE COLOURS:  black  burgundy  dark green
IN THE LAST YEAR HAVE YOU…  made new friends: yeah  fallen out of love: yeah  laughed until you cried: no  found out someone was talking about you? huh? probably..  met someone who changed you: mhm, all encounters change you, even in the smallest, most insignificant ways..  found out who your true friends are: yes! after living abroad for a long time and coming back home to your “friends” that tends to happen.  kissed someone on your facebook list: yes
GENERAL…  how many of your facebook friends do you know in real life: hmm, 2/3?  do you have any pets: a husky named precious! i got her in my lotr phase :D  do you want to change your name: yes! and i will, eventually..  what did you do for your last birthday: went to an asian pub with the fam  what time did you wake up: ~13:30  what were you doing at midnight last night: writing!  name something you cannot wait for: finding a job that i’d love and getting on my feet  when was the last time you saw your mother: 5 mins ago  what is one thing you wish you could change about your life: my thoughts, myself..  what are you listening to right now: my brother playing blade & soul >_>  have you ever talked to a person named tom: no  something that is getting on your nerves: this one guy in my japanese class that won’t SHUT UP; stupid discourse on tumblr.  most visited website: tumblr  elementary: i changed two schools, it sucked  college: i went to college in england  hair colour: chestnut  long or short hair: long  do you have a crush on someone: no  what do you like about yourself? i’m compassionate and open-minded  piercings: none, just some on my ears but does that even count?  blood type: 0-  nickname: binka/binnie  relationship status: single  zodiac sign: aquarius  pronouns: she/her  fav tv show: does anime count? if not - grey’s anatomy. i watch tv shows very rarely..  tattoos: none  right or left handed: both. was born left-handed, but i changed that in elementary school (my teacher made me, lol what century is this). so maybe right? :D
FIRST…  surgery: (and my only) got one of my tonsils removed  piercing: my ears when i was in middle school. i re-did them in high school because they weren’t even, added some more too.  best friend: a boy names jori, we no longer keep in touch  sport: swimming  vacation: paris, france  pair of trainers: what? how can i remember my first pair of trainers?
RIGHT NOW…  eating: nothing  drinking: black tea  i’m about to: finish chapter 2 of the fic i’m writing, /hopefully/!  listening to: ..still my brother and his loud af game  waiting for: inspiration and motivation  want: ^, also a good life, and a fulfilling job  get married: what do you mean by.. ‘right now get married’. do i wanna get married rn? no.  career: laughs, then starts crying
WHICH IS BETTER…  hugs or kisses: um, kisses? people wouldn’t really kiss you out of the blue.  lips or eyes: lips  shorter or taller: taller  older or younger: younger  nice arms or nice stomach: stomach  sensitive or loud: sensitive  hook up or relationship: relationship  troublemaker or hesitant: hesitant
HAVE YOU EVER…  kissed a stranger? no  drank hard liquor? yeah  lost glasses/contact lenses? yes.. *cries for my awesome but forever lost sunglasses*  turned someone down: yes  sex on first date? no  broken someone’s heart? yeah  had your own heart broken? over a lot of things, all the time. yeah.  been arrested? lol, nope  cried when someone died? yes, ofc..  fallen for a friend: yeah, it’s usually how it starts
DO YOU BELIEVE IN…  yourself? ayy  miracles? ugh, but i can hope for one?  love at first sight? no  santa claus? no  kiss on the first date? yeah, it can happen  angels? no
OTHER…  current best friend’s name: i.. don’t have a best friend i think..  eye colour: blue  favourite movie: never let me go
I feel like I’ve talked about this on this blog before, but I have been trying to make as many substitutions in my diet to be as plant-based as possible for quite awhile now. I buy almond milk and use it in things like oatmeal and smoothies, but in all this time, I’ve always bought skim milk as well. I drink a lot of tea (Earl Grey) with milk and for some reason, I cannot seem to enjoy the taste of almond milk with my tea. I also use the skim milk randomly in other things, like hot chocolate or mashed potatoes. Today, I decided to buy some soy milk, because I figured it might be better for things like tea (and mashed potatoes, etc.). I bought just regular unsweetened soy milk and I just used it in tea and it was great! I could hardly tell the difference, and now I don’t need to buy skim milk at all anymore.
Rules: Answer the 20 questions and tag 20 amazing followers you would like to get to know better. Name: Madison Nicknames: Madill, Dilly, Madz Zodiac Sign: Leo! Height: 5′3 Orientation: idk man Ethnicity: 50% Filipino / 50% white Favorite Fruit: Plums Favorite Season: Fall Favorite Book: White Teeth by Zadie Smith Favorite Flower: I like peonies and hydrangeas and lillies and roses Favorite Scent: Tea tree, peppermint, and clary sage Favorite Color: Forest green Favorite Animal: Lions and goats and bunnies and cats Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate: I love all these things! Coffee from Ethiopia or Kenya or Colombia / Iron Goddess of Mercy for tea / Ibarra hot chocolate w soy milk :) Average Sleep Hours: Ideally over 7 hours. Absolute minimum is 4. Cat or dog person?: Both but leaning towards cats lately, I also like snakes Favorite Fictional Character: Max Fischer from Rushmore, Brenda Chenowith from Six Feet Under, Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl, Number of blankets you sleep with: One thin sheet and one comforter Ideal trip: I’d love to go to the Philippines someday with my cousins Blog Created: first one was some time in 2010, deleted and started using this one maybe 2015 Number of Followers: 134 lolol
this is an Odd answer but this particular scene from the office????? lmao but other than that probably a strong cup of tea with soy milk n sugar and listening to studio ghibli themes or animal crossing music
- take pictures of study setting of the day, my desk, my plants, my patio, … I love photography!
- make coffee or tea, sometimes warm soy milk and drink it
- eat brain food like fruits!
- or have a meal
- check Tumblr (of course studyblrs!!) or Instagram
- quickly pick up some mess around the house, like one or two things
- do some house chores such as putting up dishes from the dish washer, taking out trash, and so on, easy ones though
- organize my desk and room
- watch an episode of my favorite shows or two (my favorite at the moment is White Collar, this helps me with learning English, too in addition to relaxing)
- go check the mailbox which is across the parking lot in the apartment complex
- write something on my journal or just look at it flipping through pages
- water my plants and look at them
- pain my nails
- look at old photos, letters, postcards, or tickets
- text my friends or family, or call them
- search random things online such as recipes (I love cooking!), latest news, cute things I wanna buy, etc.
- write things down on my planner
- or… Just sit on my chair/couch and think about the world.