october 11th 2016 // it’s 6pm right now. I just got an early dinner in one of the dining halls before grabbing an oolong milk tea from chatime! their teas are so yummy but so $$$ too. now I’m sitting in the library studying for my statistics midterm tomorrow…probably gonna be here til 9pm tbh. I also got my calc 2 midterm back today which I scored 68% on, was totally stressing about that til I realized that it’s an A thanks to the curve. that curve is my favorite thing in the world right now.
Stay warm with a delicious and hot drink this winter. Some ideas of what you may want to try are:
❄Yujacha or citron tea
❄Ginger and lemon tea
❄Tulsi turmeric and ginger tea
❄Strawberry and vanilla flavored black tea
❄Thai milk tea
❄Matcha green tea
❄Hot vanilla and honey milk (use any milk substitute if needed, almond milk is my favorite substitute)
❄Coffee or Chicory
❄Homemade instant Russian tea
▫It’s easy to put together. All you need is:
1 jar of orange Tang drink mix
1 ½ c. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
½ c. lemonade drink mix
½ c. instant tea mix
1 tsp. ground cloves
Mix all these dry ingredients together and store in a glass jar. To serve, pour 2-3 teaspoons into a mug of hot water and stir.
we used to have customers sometimes come in and ask for soy milk.
we sold loose tea. beverages were just a really side thing, totally not the focus.
it would go bad if we bought it because there’d be one customer out of like 300 over the course of many days who wanted soy fucking milk in their tea in the south at the dawn of the 2000s and all we could do with the milk was just jam it into our ice maker.
some huffed a lot and threatened to phone corporate (who’d say what? they didn’t even tell us to buy milk, it was just optional and came out of the drawer) and went to starbucks.
some people – these people are pure demonic forces – they wanted sugar and regular milk in
in the most expensive oolong we carried. the $25/2oz shit.
stop hurting me
i did nothing to you.
i don’t deserve this.
why are you attacking me.
why are you forcing me to do this.
this is unfair.
i am ruining a perfectly good cup of fucking leaf water for you.
- replace tortillas for lettuce and make lettuce wraps to cut down on carbs
-make zucchini noodles instead of pasta
- the best time to eat carbs are in the morning because you’ll burn them throughout the day
- ginger will cure basically any nausea, stomach ache, sore throats, nasal congestion, etc. Steep with tea and drink without cream or milk (ginger and milk are gross together)
-if you blend a banana and freeze it, you have an all natural sugar free ice cream
- replace mayo with avocado, it tastes better and is better for you
- replace hamburger buns for Portobello mushrooms, more filling and more nutrients
-use natural sweeteners such as honey or agave nectar. Honey also helps with coughs
-kale, broccoli, spinach, and beans provide calcium for people who don’t like milk (me)
- green tea, oolong tea, and peppermint tea have no caffeine and are great for detoxing
- drinking the suggested amount of water everyday could burn you 70 calories alone