SOME MORE UPDATES AND INFORMATION ON THE SITUATION IN MARAWI, PHILIPPINES!
This was all taken from facebook because our own local media isn’t covering enough of this. But here’s what happened as of 12:24 AM PHT:
- DUTERTE DECLARED MARTIAL LAW IN MINDANAO ISLAND, INCLUDING TAWI-TAWI AND SULU!
- AFP: Marawi City situation under control as military pursues Maute bandits.
- AFP: Several members of the Maute group were killed.
-Duterte flies back home from Russia.
-AFP are sending more troops in Marawi
- Patients and nurses are safe inside the APMC and the latter are currently on duty.
- Armed men are confirmed to be the Maute group.
- The Maute group together with the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters has pledged allegiance to ISIS.
- A policeman and 2 ambulance drivers were killed.
- Homes are being trespassed.
- Women not wearing Hijabs are being taken away.
- AFP received an intel that Abu Sayyaf leader Isnilon Hapilon was with the Maute group.
- Some buildings in Dansalan College were burnt to ashes.
- Most affected areas are Basak Malutlut, Sarimanok, Marinaut, Provincial Jail, Amai Pakpak, Bo. Saber, Sarimanok and most of the key intersections in Marawi.
- Marawi City Jail is on fire.
- Detainees in the City Jail were freed by the group.
- At least 5 gov’t troops are now wounded.
- Chapel in Barrio Paypay is on fire.
- The group took away the firetrucks so that the fire can’t be put out.
- Marawi City is experiencing total electricity blackout.
- ISIS flags are raised in several areas in the city including hospitals, government establishments, and police cars.
- Maute group has left the Amai Pakpak Medical Center.
- Maute recruiting residents to join them.
- AFP issued a 5-hour ultimatum for civilians to leave before they start bombing Marawi again.
- Maute is interrogating civilians. If you can’t prove you are a Muslim, they will kidnap you and will be “taken cared of”
- Maute used trucks to block all entry/exit including bridges.
- Police captain killed.
- The group is seizing houses looking for men to recruit.
- Civilians are asked to recite the Shahada. If they can’t, theyre killed.
- Some of the teachers in Dansalan College are already dead. Their heads are being displayed on the highway.
DISCLAIMER: Most of the information here came from personal accounts of people inside Marawi City.
PLEASE signal boost this! I know there are many things happening right now, especially with what happened with Ariana’s concert. But this is really scary and there’s not enough information on it.