i decided to compile a list of the nicest guys/best experiences i have had with nhl players! this is not by any means a full list (i haven’t met every single nhl player lol) and i wish i could include 50+ pictures.
10. Braden Holtby. When the caps were in town, he stopped and signed/ took pictures with everyone! We had a little conversation and he seemed genuinely happy to meet fans.
9. Brandon Saad/Cam Atkinson: I had to include both these guys! they were such happy and smily good sports when my friends and i made them take soooo many pictures. Super sweet!
8. PK Subban: Ok i feel like this is an obvious one. PK is such a fun and nice guy and always so kind to everyone!
7. Lars Eller: I met Lars when he was still on the habs, and he was so nice to me and my sister! we were of course so excited to get photos with one of our favorite teams and he laughed at our excitement lol.
6. Roman Josi: Roman is SO SWEET. He always takes time to talk to people and ask how they are, even in crazy autograph lines or events where everything needs to move quickly.
5. Craig Smith: one time we battled in air hockey and managed to end in a tie. He’s always so nice and smily, he gave my sister a puck for her birthday one time and was so happy to do so!
4. Ben Bishop: ok maybe I’m just head over heels in love with Ben, but meeting him was so great! It was his birthday so of course i run up and tell him “happy birthday” and his face lit up and he laughed “thank you!” super nice guy
3. Filip Forsberg: Fil is the OG love of my life (which is where my url comes from) and i love him so much. I can’t count the number of times I’ve gotten to talk to him, but he is always so kind and excited to see fans. Sometimes at public practices he’ll greet fans first saying “good morning everyone!!!”
2. Nick Foligno: Let me preface this by saying if you ever want a player to talk to you, you have to engage in the conversation. Nick Foligno is not like this. He asked me how i was doing. usually it’s the other way around. Love him!
1. Pekka Rinne: Ok .. y’all knew this was coming. Pekka isn’t even the nicest hockey player i have ever met, he is one of the nicest people on this planet. He is always so kind and nice to me and my friends every time we see him and always asks how life is going. Is it bad he knows our names now? I could go on for days about how much he cares about his fans but we would be here for a while. I will tell you that one time i gave him the DORKIEST letter and he got in touch with me to thank me for it. Can’t say enough about Peks.
Honorable mentions who would probably be next on the list: Juuse Saros, Colin Wilson, Dougie Hamilton, TJ Oshie, Max Pacioretty, Mike Richards, Shea Weber, Tomas Vokoun, also met Wayne Gretzky one time - he signed everything but didn’t really say much lol
New teammates this season, Taylor Chorney and Marcus Johansson quickly realized they had something in common: a due date.
“We didn’t know each other when it happened,” Johansson said with a laugh. “But I think one of the first weeks we were here, we went to the hospital at the same time.”
“Same due date, same doctor,” Chorney said. “Some of the appointments and stuff throughout the whole pregnancy, we were crossing paths and just kind of comparing how everything was going.”
Johansson’s daughter was born Feb. 25, and Chorney’s son, Turner, arrived Feb. 29, a leap-year baby. The Washington Capitals’ trade with the Buffalo Sabres for Mike Weber not only gave the team an extra defenseman, it gave them a third baby born last week. Weber’s wife went into labor with his second son Thursday.
“It’s cool because guys that you wouldn’t expect to be dads necessarily, just kind of the way they live their lives, it helps them grow up pretty fast,” Karl Alzner said. “It’s fun to see them in a different setting.”
“If you ever walk into it or just even by the wives’ lounge on a game day, it’s like a daycare in there,” Chorney said. “Kids are just bouncing off the walls. It’ll be cool to add another one to the mix and just for all of those kids to be able to grow up a little bit together. I think even just as young parents, everybody can kind of go through it together. …“One thing is you just gain a whole new admiration for your wife. What they go through is absolutely incredible. You’re supposed to be the big, tough guy hockey player, but to see your wife go through something like that is pretty humbling. It was unbelievable.”
Below this cut are the following categories: [Star-crossed Lovers], [Retired and Lovin’ It], [Oops, I Crossed Leagues], [Twitter is an awful place],[♂ + ♀ = Bromances], [Across the Leagues], [Rookies in Bruv].
(Oops, I Crossed Leagues will have one NHL player with the other player being in any other league. Across the Leagues is for players for all the leagues except for the NHL.)
(Edit; There has been a new category added. It is titled [Rookies in Bruv], because I’m sure there’s some bromances among the new rookies somewhere.)
Bella Swan : Virgo Edward Cullen : Capricorn
Jacob Black : Aries
Rosalie Hale : Leo
Jasper Hale : Scorpio
Emmett Cullen : Aries
Alice Cullen : Libra
Carlisle Cullen : Virgo
Esmée Cullen : Cancer
Jessica Stanley : Gemini
Angela Weber : Pisces
Mike Newton : Pisces
Renée Dwyer : Sagittarius
Eric Yorkie : Gemini Charlie Swan : Taurus
The Scotland-born Gillan will play Martha, ending what was a months-long search for the coveted role that involved some serious A-list talent. She meshed best with the cast and won out. It’s the latest big get for Gillan, the onetime Doctor Who regular and Selfie star who has scored film roles in the likes of Guardians of the Galaxy and the upcoming The Circle.
Sony has set a July 28 release date for Jumanji, which Matt Tolmach is producing with William Teitler. Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner wrote the most recent version of the script, based on draft by original writers Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers. It’s all based on the book by Chris Van Allsburg that became a 1995 movie starring Robin Williams that grossed $260 million globally.
Ted Field, Mike Weber, Kasdan, David Householter, Van Allsburg, Johnson and Dany Garcia are executive producing.
Tolmach is also producing the R-rated female-driven comedy Rock That Body for Sony.
Gillen is up next reprising as Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and co-stars opposite Ethan Hawke in In a Valley of Violence. She also just wrapped the indie All Creatures Here Below. She is repped by UTA, Troika in the UK and attorney Darren Trattner.