- Kai: Pfft. I charmed her and we just…clicked. *clears throat* *crickets chirping*
- Cinder: *rolls eyes* Ah, oh yeah- I had a grease stain on my forehead. He came to my booth thinking that I’d be some old man. *Kai: “I did not!”*
- Wolf: *blushes* *clears throat* Uh, I have a large appetite…
- Scarlet: The oddball in the Rieux Tavern. Who never tried vegetables until the day I met him. *whispers to Cinder: “He liked the tomatoes.” Cinder: “No duh.” *
- Thorne: *chuckles* I guess you can call it love at first…sight…Haha. Get it? *groaning from everyone else*
- Cress: *blushes* Um, I met, or saw, him online…by stalking him… *squeaks* No, it’s not like that-! I mean, we met through a D-comm chip…he thought my hair was a magpie nest mauled by a cheetah… *Thorne: “I did not!”*
- Jacin: I was a son of a guard…What kind of question is that?
- Winter: *beams* We, along with Selene, were best friends! We knew each other since birth. I always loved playing games with him. *smiles*
Fourier and Hui are playing Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. it would work a lot better except that now the only people onstage who Lovelace/Hamlet seems to get along with are these two and gertrude.
Eiffel is not allowed to hotbox the lighting booth again.
this does not mean that Jacobi and Maxwell are allowed to hotbox the lighting booth either.
Maxwell is not allowed to give Hera weed again, period.
Eiffel is not allowed to duct tape Hamlet’s sword to a roomba again.
everybody’s pretty sure those donuts Hilbert brought last week are what made everyone sick but so far only Lovelace and Eiffel have openly accused him of it.
anyone who makes a High School Musical joke about Lovelace dies.
“I’m just saying, Isabel, you should maybe look a little conflicted about stabbing Warren to death. Can you give me a little? Maybe?”
on the last night of rehearsals Lovelace picks up Eiffel, Minkowski, Hilbert, and Hera in her family’s pickup truck and they stop at costco to pick up some stuff to sell for concessions. there aren’t enough seats so Eiffel is sitting in the truck bed. Lovelace gets into an argument with Minkowski over who gets the aux cord and pulls out of the parking lot so quickly that Eiffel and the snacks fall out of the truck. he spends the next three hours forlornly wandering through costco, trying to get enough of a signal to reach literally anyone else. by the time he manages to text Kepler and they pick him up he has eaten all of the snacks.
“why does no one here respect me?” Minkowski asks the ceiling while lying flat on her back in the front row of the auditorium.
“because you’re the only straight person in the drama department,” Jacobi says, throwing pringles at her from onstage.
Fisher is the only techie who shows up regularly, and then he trips over a prop backstage and breaks his leg. Eiffel insists on holding a fake memorial service for him at the next rehearsal.
after shows the cast performs the ancient high school theatre tradition of midnight trips to 24 hour breakfast restaurants. they go to IHOP. they are kicked out of IHOP for fistfighting. and because somehow Jacobi set a tablecloth on fire.
Kepler pitches Sweeney Todd as the yearly musical. “I’ll be able to sleep better at night after watching all of you die horribly,” he tells everyone.
All the MJS short stories seem to be based off folklore and dreams! Hahaha. Anyway, I got about three short stories to translate here. Special thanks to Deea for providing the raw!
Meimei. I live in the forest and I’m the strongest wolf.
forest is my territory. Which means, all the people who’ve invaded
the forest have fallen victim to my fangs.
kill after kill, before long, it looks like I’ve become famous for
being a man-eating wolf. Various hunters have come from outside the
forest to attack my notorious self. Of course, I attacked them right
not a single being who can rival me. I continue to dominate this
forest as the strongest wolf.
rustle.” After so long, I heard the footsteps of a human trotting
through the grass. When I confirm the direction the sound’s coming
from, I promptly break into a run.