cosmog’s fashion shopping guide
ITS ARI!! ive been wanting to share my stores n tips for a while so… here goes. if u want more stuff lmk tho! these rnt all of my links (i left out all of my accessory+bags+jewelry+make-up stores especially so i might make a separate post 4 those) and i can give recs for specific styles/looks/items/budgets/etc bc i have a place(s)…..4 everythinggg
- make an amazon wishlist (or a few!) to organize what u want. get the browser extension tht lets u add from websites other than amazon!
- read reviews and customer feedback if theyre available to u!!! i literally……dont even consider buying something online w/o reading reviews if im unsure tbh. theyre rlly helpful.
- be wary of buying rly cheap clothes on sites like amazon, sheinside, and choies, theyre often pretty bad quality and not what is advertised. ive been burnt before and trust me its better to get something better quality than to get something u can never wear bc it isnt made right!
- consider basics first! think abt some pieces that are going to be the lynchpin of your wardrobe. u can pair more out-there pieces w/ them and theyll give your looks more versatility in what u can make!
- good colors for basics are neutrals and a bit of colors you plan to wear a lot of.
- thrifting is….so good if ur on a budget and even if ur not!!! u can find so much in thrift stores…..go thrifting
- dont trust letter sizes. take your bust, waist, and hip measurements, and use every store’s individual size chart!
- if youre debating between getting something a size smaller or a size larger, always go larger
if u have a tailor available to u make use of them!! if u have a garment that u love but it doesnt fit u quite right u dont have to send it back!
- make outfits while u shop! dont just buy pieces by themselves unless its something ur specifically looking for
- if u have nowhere to start look at a store’s lookbooks, new in, and bestsellers
- some websites also have features where u can shop the entire look the pictured model is wearing, or looks from their instagram, which i <3 to utilize!!!
- take inspo from celebrities, instagrammers, and models! a rlly good way to get started is recreating looks uve seen before, esp if u have no idea what youre going for with a new outfit!
- i have an outfit curating instagram @stylegrinch and u can also find me on polyvore @solgaleo !
- speaking of polyvore, its a really cool site for curating items and stuff into outfits!
- use the extension honey to get huge discounts on most online stores!! it searches for all available coupons for u and stacks them if it can.
- $ = mass market (forever 21, h&m, etc)
- $$ = contemporary (urban outfitters, topshop, etc)
- $$$ = designer (michael kors, etc)
- $$$$ = haute couture (versace, oscar de la renta, etc)
- favorites are italicized!
price marks are dependent on what is being sold; a price mark for a store selling glasses for $100 will be different than a store selling a romper for $100.