1. Portrait of Mexican farm laborer, Rafael Tamayo, employed in the United States under the Bracero Program to harvest crops on Californian farms, 1957.
2. Mexican farm workers, on a farm in California, 1957.
3. Mexican laborers show their ‘permission to work’ papers in California, 1957.
4. Mexican laborers in line at a reception depot for processing and assignment in El Centro, Calif., 1957.
5. After the various medical examinations, the men are dusted with DDT.
6. A Mexican farm laborer climbs a ladder under a date palm tree, California, 1957.
7. Tamayo and his fellow workers take a break for food during their work day on a ranch in California, 1957.
8. Tamayo relaxes with a fellow worker inside the temporary living quarters, California, 1957.
So I'm White but I've got a tan and my co worker is Mexican but she has light skin and we're kind of a duo and let me tell you I'm learning Spanish from the people that ignore my co worker with a "Yo hablo Español" pin and go straight to me the whitest dude here. Sometimes I get people yelling at me and I just can't understand? We have the pin thing for a reason I can speak French but not Spanish go look for an associate with the fan pin don't just go assuming!