Five things the sky will be the colour of
1. Television, tuned to a dead channel, which is to say all the channels because there will be no such thing any more and so the colour of the channels is the colour of things passing from physical memory and can be anything you want really.
2. The Babytronic My First Drone kit, because those things stay up in the sky forever, they’re solar powered don’t-you-know, and they were top toy of the year 2032, 2033 AND 2034 plus the Babytronic My First Printer can make them and sometimes you find it riffling through the recycling to get the spare parts to make more of them when it thinks you’re asleep and hold on what is going on here is this something we should be worried about?
3. Following a prolonged legal battle, the sky will be puce. This is because puce is the only colour that will not have been trademarked by 2052, plus Rayleigh scattering will have been outlawed by the US Supreme Court leaving the sky physically unable to be blue anymore.
4. The sky will be the colour of a carefully-selected advert from our sponsors, projected jauntily on the inside of your augmented-reality eyeballs. Unless you’ve turned augmented reality off, which you absolutely have the right to do, no problems, but you should note that the upkeep of this street is funded by advertising revenue and as such we are unable to admit non-subscribers onto the pavement.
5. The sky will be the colour of a literary reference, stretched beyond any sensible reckoning, painted bright pink to match tomorrow’s bright new postmodern metaworld, and scrunched up a bit to make it fit because it was initially a bit too long to go item five of this list.