How to Survive Mercury Retrograde
First of all…what is a retrograde?
Retrogrades are astronomically an illusion where by a planet appears to be moving backwards across the sky, due to earth ‘overtaking’ the planet in their rotation around the Sun.
In relation to “As above, so below”, the energetic affect that retrograde planets conduct is an internalising of that particular planetary energies.
Some keywords for retrogrades are
The purpose of retrogrades are typically to 'tighten’ loose ends in different areas of our lives - the planet involved will indicate what aspect of ones personality will undergo the keywords, the sign of the retrograde will be how, the house area is what area of our life.
Mercury Rx - ¾ times a year: What it can bring + How to make the most of it
Mercury Rules: Communication/Thought Process/Technology/Short distance travel/Comprehension Ability/Local town area/Siblings
- Update your technology prior retrograde
- Keep a careful eye on your technology devices - DON’T LOSE THEM (in a cafe or on a bus for example)
- Be prepared to walk into a room and completely forget what you went in there for (more than usual)
- Get your car checked out
- Don’t be surprised if your regular bus or train is late
- Also don’t surprised if you hear from an old friend
- …or an ex
- Communications during this time have gone down the toilet so expect things such as:
- Forgetting what you’re saying mid conversation
- Confusion in understanding
- Repeating yourself
- People saying things they don’t mean
- Or things that they do mean but didn’t want to say
- And if it’s communication via technology:
- Autocorrect may be acting more like a little shit than usual
- Messages not sending
- Phones crashing
- And if you’re old school, letters in the mail may end up in Africa somehow (jokes - but things can get lost in the mail)
- Don’t make big purchases at this time if you can, especially electronic equipment
- DON’T START new projects, go back and tidy up the old ones
- Make more lists than usual
- Best not to start a job during this time either (but if you have to, make sure you read the fine print)
- Wherever you have Gemini/Virgo in your chart, these areas of your life may go a little bit haywire and will need re-assessing
- If you’re a Gemini/Virgo Rising, your vitality may feel a bit low during this time (since the 1st house rules the physical body). Give yourself plenty of rest at this time.
Here’s some tips to take advantage of the Mercury retrograde
- If you have a blog, go back to it and edit it
- Clean out your technology such as deleting photos you don’t want anymore on your phone
- Review all contacts and documents before signing them
- Real all emails and important documents before sending them
- Backup your digital data
- Get in touch with old friends
- This is a time of closure of understanding things and communications with other people
- Re-learn something or go back and study an old topic to refine it
- Think about exactly how you want to phrase something before speaking it (is it kind? Is it for the highest good of another?)
- Finish any project if you haven’t yet, especially if it’s a writing project!
P.S: There’s nothing to fear about retrogrades, in fact, they can be quite amusing sometimes (when you know what’s going on!) and this is a great time for cleaning things up to perfect your life path ands mission.
Happy Retrograding! <3
©ellie-mae-astrology on Tumblr