After graduating from Hogwarts, Minerva McGonagall was offered a position at the Department of Magical Law Enforcement of the British Ministry of Magic. She returned to her family’s manse in Scotland to spend one last summer with her family before moving to London.
During these months Minerva, aged eighteen, met Dougal McGregor, a local Muggle, who was the handsome, clever and funny son of a local farmer. Minerva fell head-over-heels in love with McGregor. The two got to know each other, and eventually McGregor proposed to Minerva on a ploughed field and she accepted his offer. That night, she was unable to tell her parents of her engagement. Thinking about her future, Minerva realised that wedding a Muggle who did not know that she was a witch would mean Minerva would follow her mother’s footsteps and live unhappily with her wand locked away, shredding all of her ambitions. Early next morning, Minerva went to tell McGregor she had changed her mind, and could not marry him, aware that if she broke the International Statute of Secrecy and told him why, she would lose the job at the Ministry for which she was giving him up. She could give him no good reason for her change of heart. She left McGregor devastated and left for London three days later.
He sent her several letters trying to win her back, but with no success. He would later marry a Muggle woman who was the daughter of another local farmer.
Dougal McGregor was murdered in a random anti-Muggle attack by the Death Eaters during the height of the First Wizarding War in the 1970s, along with his wife and children. News of these events were a terrible blow to Minerva, who wondered if she could have been able to save him if she had married him.
Just some of the people who I’d LOVE to see star in a Star Wars Film…
1. Ruth Negga- She’s an Oscar nominated actress and she is capable of playing vulnerable, fierce, bad ass, and complicated characters. She’s definitely one of my favorite actresses working right now and I’d love her to be a main character in a Star Wars movie.
2. Tobias Menzies- Tobias Menzies is by far one of the most underrated actors working today. He is so good at playing villains or sympathetic characters. I think he’d be awesome as a Star Wars baddie.
3. Lupita Nyong’o- Yes I know she’s alread Maz Kanata. But I need this lady’s face on my screen more! She should totally have a non-motion capture part in Star Wars.
4. Lewis Tan- Yeah, you know that guy who was almost cast as Iron Fist and then showed up midway through the show and ended up being more badass and charismatic than the guy who got cast as Iron Fist? Yeah, I saw, I liked and I need to see him be more badass in other things… preferably with a Lightsaber. He’s attractive, he’s charismatic, and he’s a martial artist. Him+Star Wars=Awesomeness.
5. Rosario Dawson- She wants to play Ashoka. Fans want her to play Ashoka. LucasFilms, LET HER PLAY ASHOKA!!!
6. Bill Skarsgård- I am so on the Bill Skarsgård hype train. Look at that face. Boyish yet able to play evil. Formulaic Star Wars casting I know, but I would be lying if I didn’t say that I needed this in my life.
7. Evan Rachel Wood- This lady can literally play anything and she’s already worked with LucasFilms in Strange Magic. She would be badass in Star Wars.
8. Mahershala Ali- He’s an Oscar winning actor, he’s attractive and is highly underrated (in my opinion). He’s shown that he can play dreamy/sweet characters as well as smooth talking criminals. Either way, he’s charismatic as hell and should be in Star Wars.
9. Rinko Kikuchi- She’s already been in a Rian Johnson movie before and I loved her in it. I can actually see this happening.
10. Joe Gilgun- Lol, I probably should’ve looked harder for a better picture, but he melts my heart in this one. I fucking love Joseph Gilgun and there isn’t really a reason why I’d like to see him in Star Wars other than the fact that it would make me so happy. He is SUUUUUUUUUUUUPER underrated. He’s gotten more love since he’s been in Preacher, but a lot of people outside of the UK haven’t been exposed to his acting range. He can be funny, heartbreaking, terrifying, evil, sweet, then tragic in a blink of an eye and that’s super rare to find in an actor (the one actor I can think of with that range is Tom Hardy).