Names used in Deltora/Pirra
Look what I just found on my computer- a list of every name used in the three main DQ series, Tales of Deltora and Secrets of Deltora. I clearly used to have no life
(and possibly still don’t)
I’m throwing it into the internet void in case someone wants to use it to develop their own Deltora-ish names for ocs or something?
Missing: names from Star of Deltora, and all the ‘linked’ series (Rowan and Three Doors)
(Three Doors & Star of Deltora didn’t exist when I first made this and I’m too lazy to do it again)
Note #1: Aliases/false names etc are included. They must sound like relatively ‘normal’ Deltoran names or the disguise would have failed.
Note #2: If the person had two or three names:
- If there is a clear nickname this has been removed (eg. Han & Jack instead of Red Han & Laughing Jack).
- Surnames (!!!) have been removed (eg. Hank instead of Hank Modestee).
- If no distinction can be made, all names are included (eg. Ulay Bran).
Note #3: I have provided loose indications of the territory/land the name is found in/most likely originated from.
- I’ve only indicated the territory/land if we are fairly sure where the person’s family was from (eg. we do not know where most of the guards originated, so their names are not definitively names of Del origin).
- Royal names get their own category because they were likely influenced by both Del and Toran naming styles.
- This should be taken with a grain of salt- some names pop up across the continent (eg. Jack & Marie variations like Marilen, Mariette, Maria) so obviously names aren’t exclusive to certain regions.
- However some regions (esp. Dread Gnomes & Jalis) do have very distinctive naming styles and some regions seem to favour certain types of names (eg. Del liking flower names for women- Jasmine, Violet, Iris, Rosalyn). It shows the diversity of the naming across the continent, which is why I have included it.
I had not included the territories in my original document so I’m doing it from memory and the internet (oops). Feel free to message me with any mistakes or missing names.