Questions I never thought of as a child that bother me now:
Part 1: Curious George
- Why is every article of clothing The Man/Ted owns yellow? And why is it always the same suit? He has both an apartment and a house in the country so clearly he can afford more clothes than that one suit. Unless all the rest of the money goes to paying for the lawsuits George inevitably will cause.
- Why on earth would The Man/Ted leave a baby chimp with the mental capacity of a four or five year old human child alone for long stretches of time when he knows what kind of mayhem his monkey son is capable of?
- Why does everyone just accept that he’s raising a chimpanzee as his child and why is no one concerned about how much larger and more aggressive George is going to get once he turns five?!
- Does The Man/Ted have some kind of political pull or rich family member or something in the city they live in? Because I can’t really see any other reason for people not sueing the daylights out of him and sending poor George to some kind of Rise of the Planet of the Apes-esque ape shelter.
Part 2: Sesame Street
- Where are Big Bird’s parents?
- Who in the world built a tiny car seat just for Slimy the Worm’s mother?
- What ever happened to Benny the Bunny, that crabby bellhop guy from the old Sesame Street episodes when I was little?
- Who else remembers those tinsel-y aliens that just went “Yep yep yep yep uh-huh, uh-huh” the whole time?
Part 3: Little Bear
- Father Bear wears clothing. Mother Bear wears clothing. Grandmother and Grandfather Bear wear clothing. Little Bear most assuredly does not wear clothing. Why? Is it because he’s a preschooler who is probably too quick to catch when it’s time to get dressed? Is clothing optional for bears until they’re old enough for jobs?
- Why are Emily and her Grandmother never concerned about the talking animals and the fact that bears are living in houses and have jobs? (Father Bear is a fisherman). Is this some kind of post-apocalyptic 1900s, where humanity is no longer the dominant species and everyone lives in the forest?