Grounding With Other Elements
- Sit in a body of water, a natural one or a bath. Feel where the water touches your skin. Find the line at the surface, where it touches you. Go around your whole body. Feel weightless.
- Drink a glass of water, slowly and steadily. Feel it travel down your throat and into the rest of your body. Finish the glass.
- Listen to the rain, the waves, the babbling brook. Feel the sound. Let it vibrate through you until your vibrations match.
- Feel the wind on your face. Let the spread-out pieces of you be picked up by the wind, and pushed back to you. Let the wind carry the unnecessary stresses away.
- Deep breath in. Deep breath out. Repeat.
- Take a word, sound, or phrase. Repeat it or sing it, find that pitch and speed that feels right.
- Feel the heat from a fire, let it warm your bones.
- You are a candle flame. Sit or stand tall. Let the excess energy burn up and out the top of your head like smoke. Flicker as needed.
- Turn off the lights, light a candle. Watch its light flicker on the walls. Melt into the room.