List of Thedosian pet names for writing and roleplaying, brought to you by Bella
We can skip trade tongue and go right into the big three: Antivan, Orlesian, and Tevene.
I’m going to start with Tevene, cos it’s my fave. The main thing to remember is that female pet names end in -a, and others end in -us. The famous amatus actually is amata if you are addressing a woman. Here’s a few more from Latin. It’s not a language with a lot of pet names. I did my best.
- mellitus/mellita: honeyed one, aka honey (this one is my fave)
- carissimus/carissima: dearest one, aka dear
- deliciae: darling
- venustus/venusta: sweet
- lepidus/lepida: cute
Orlesian is easy. French is brimming with pet names and terms of endearment. Here are my faves.
- mon cœur: my heart, my love
- mon chaton: my kitten
- mignon: cute
- doudou: tricky to translate!! i had trouble putting this in english with my cajun ass lmao. basically it’s a security blanket or snuggle buddy. trust me on this one. it’s cuter in french. it’s also my fave.
- ma moitié: my other half
- mon loulou: another weird one. doesn’t really MEAN anything. it’s just cutesy.
- ma chèrie: my darling (f)
- ma chère: my dear (f)
- bichette: little doe (f)
- colombe: dove (f)
- ma lutine: my elf or pixie (f)
Antivan is tricky. I prefer it as Italian, but most seem to prefer Spanish. Here’s a few of Italian anyway. Some of them are the same in both languages, which makes it easier. I admit i had help with this one, as I don’t speak Italian fluently.
- caro/cara: dear
- carino/carina: cute
- gattino/gattina: kitten
- cucciolo/cucciola: puppy
- dolcezza: sweetheart
- grillo/grilla: cricket
- bambola/bambolina: doll, little doll
- ciccia/cicci: sweet, tasty
- streghetta mia: my little witch. personal fave
- bonus: add -ino or -ina to a name to make it ‘little.’ example: Zevranino = little Zevran
These are just a FEW but I hope they are helpful, feel free to use.