The last couple days of coping with the loss of my pup have been really rough. So today I made myself do something, ANYTHING creative…and ended up with a makeup test for EDI. Like a year late since I made her costume for Dragoncon and never wore it but heyyy. Helmet is made out of EVA sealed/hardened with Smooth On’s Epsilon with loootts of sanding.
Finally, after eons of labour, I have finished off a few more prop guns. The newest is the M-77 Paladin paint job. It was surprisingly more difficult to paint but I’m very, very happy with the results. I also started my new Etsy page and will be selling these props. I will dance at your wedding if you spread the word and get my page some traffic.
I had a blast at Motor City Comic Con on Saturday! This was my first time cosplaying as Tali and all things considered I think it went super well! There are some things I’m going to tweak before colossalcon but that’s what test runs are for! I have slowly been getting some pictures back so if you have any of me and my friend Kevin as Garrus, I’d love to see them! ^^
^ Haha I didn’t realize we were standing so far apart I feel like this should have a sassy caption next to it XD
^ Squad too cool for you If we would have had a shepard in the middle of this it would have been perfect omg dream teaaaamm
^ I’m including this selfie because I’m not sure if any of the pictures with my face exposed will surface. I looooove the way the contacts looked with this
I watched a DIY video on silicone moulding and thought “I can do that, how hard can it be?”
1) create a template out of condensed styrofoam and drywall puddy
2) create a two part silicone mould
3) Mix A & B liquid plastic and pour into the mould
4) paint and clear coat
Well the template alone was like 50 hours of cutting, glueing, and sanding to get the details to be just right. The two part mold was another 20 hours or so of not really knowing what I was doing. The pour only takes 15 minutes along with some prep and clean up. Then you have to cut off the excess (flashing), sand and fill any air bubbles, and finally home stretch. Just 10 more hours of layering paint and some light sanding, apply two layers of clear coat and you’re done. One killer prop for this nerd to fight off a hoard of mindless husks. That really wasn’t hard at all… …yes that was sarcasm.