ok y'all have been sorting pjo characters into hogwarts houses which would be nice if you were doing it right
it’s great that you’re trying and all but the thing is, I find a lot of them following the same pattern:
All the demigods are automatically in Gryffindor, because they’re super brave. Octavian and Ethan Nakamura and Clarisse and all sorts of people the fandom doesn’t like are obviously in Slytherin because, you know, Slytherin is hella evil. Then we’ve got the stuck-ups in Ravenclaw and the background characters in Hufflepuff, ‘cause apparently it’s the potato House.
Since all this is hella stereotypical and not at all correct, I was like, well, what would I do? Well hERE IS THE ANSWER ASSHATS
*bill bye voice* please…cOnSiDeR tHe FoLLoWiNg
Percy is a hella Hufflepuff, no denying it, not one bit. He doesn’t care about a position or nothing, he is just a pure Hufflepuff inside and out.
Let’s talk about some major Hufflepuff qualities here:
• Dedication (yo my boy percy is pretty dedicated to the camp and to staying alive am i right i mean he was literally not at all tempted to join kronos’ army like ever soo yeah. also. consider a thing. have u even read the books. if they are a smol bean and he has met them at least 15 mins ago u bet ur lil ass he’s dedicated)
• Patience (percy has not decapitated a SINGLE god on purpose and they all keep coming back, i mean it’s bound to happen someday but CMON YOU GOTTA ADMIRE HIM FOR THAT. literally so patient. even by ADHD standards and its ok u can ask me i have ADHD but that’s beside the point back to percy now)
• Loyalty (it’s his freaking fatal flaw wtf else do you want from him??? to jump into tartarus out of loyalty to his girlfriend??? you do one wrong thing to percy’s friend and he will mESS UP YOUR SHIT LIKE A TRUE HUFFLEPUFF DON’T EVEN PRETEND HE WON’T. remember nancy? I THOUGHT SO. FIRST FEW PAGES OF THE SERIES. AND IT ONLY GETS BETTER)
THAT BEING SAID: ALL THESE THINGS ARE DEF PRETTY IMPORTANT TO PERCY OKAY
Conclusion: HELGA HUFFLEPUFF IS HAPPY THAT SHE HAS SUCH A HELLA HUFFLEPUFF IN HER HOUSE WHERE HE BELONGS.
Don’t try to tell me my girl Annabeth is a Ravenclaw because she ain’t no Ravenclaw get outta my face and let me lay down some FACTS here
LOOK AT THESE SLYTHERIN/ANNABAE TRAITS
• Cunning (we all know what this means so lemme just throw down some hella rad SYNONYMS because those are just the bOMB DIGGITY: we got crafting, scheming, designing, and calculating rn. YOU KNOW WHO IS ALL OF THOSE THINGS? MY GIRL ANNIE. FIGHT ME. I GOT ANNABETH ON MY TEAM AND SHE WILL SLAY YOU WITH HER CLEVERNESS AND DECEIT BEFORE SHE EVEN TAKES OUT HER DAGGER. SHE TRICKED ARACHNE INTO WEAVING HER OWN DEATH TRAP FOR ZEUS’ SAKE)
• Resourcefulness (lil bby annabeth ran away from home in SAN FRANCISCO when she was SEVEN and met luke and thalia in RICHMOND which is in VIRGINIA. SHE WAS SEVEN AND SOMEHOW WENT FROM THE WEST COAST TO THE EAST COAST. GOTTA BE RESOURCEFUL FOR THAT. also remember that time when she broke her ankle, scolded it, then made a cast out of bUBBLE WRAP? BECAUSE I DO. AND THEN THE WHOLE WEAVING A BRIDGE THING. DANG GIRL.)
• Ambition (don’t deny it this girl’s fatal flaw is pride and those two things are connected aS SHIT. SHE’S SO INTENT ON BEING AN ARCHITECT THAT SHE GOT THE GODS TO GIVE HER A JOB REDESIGNING MOUNT OLYMPUS AND THATS A BIG ASS THING IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF. reminder that this girl had the chance to get away from a sphinx but she challenged it instead because it was sorta insulting?? who else do we know is like this?? oh yeah fUCKIGN SLYTHERINS)
ANNABETH BAMF CHASE HAS ALL THESE QUALITIES AND SHE KNOWS IT. THAT’S WHY SHE USES THEM TO HER ADVANTAGE SO OFTEN.
Conclusion: SALAZAR SLYTHERIN SAYS ANNABETH CHASE CAN SLAY HIS BASILISK ANYTIME THAT’S HOW PERFECT SHE IS FOR THIS HOUSE.
LEMME TALK TO YOU ABOUT A THING HERE. A BIG THING. AN IMPORTANT THING. JASON IS A RAD LIL RAVENCLAW BOOGER AND HERE’S WHY. THERE ARE A WHOLE LOTTA RAVENCLAW TRAITS BUT IMMA GIVE YOU 3.
• Wisdom (yeah annabeth’s mom may be the goddess of wisdom but if jason wasn’t wise then how the heckity heck would he have survived long enough to be made a freaking PRAETOR. also you know what fight me. jason is the equivalent of a giant dog that is a floofer and goes boof and loves small children but that has nothing to do with wisdom anyway he is one of the smartest out of the seven)
• Individuality (yeah that’s a thing go ask my girl JK. if jason isn’t so Original™ then explain to me please how he restored the Fifth Cohort to awesomeness?? he was a total badass who didn’t take any shit and turned it around for the whole cohort that’s how. this lil boi is an individual yis. one might ask how can one be a badass but also be a fluffball? well jason did it so stop asking ok)
• Acceptance (we are talking about the official mom friend and the founder of the nico di angelo protection squad what else do you want him to do, hug mother earth??? he wrote the song you’ve got a friend in me because he loves everyone)
SEE HERE: JASON IS A TOTAL DORK NERD WHO POKES PIPER AND GOES “PIPER. PIPER LISTEN TO THIS THING I FOUND OUT TODAY. PIPER ISN’T IT AWESOME”
Conclusion: NOWHERE ELSE IS WHERE JASON GOES. HE WEARS THE RAVENCLAW DIADEM TO ALL OF HIS CLASSES. FIGHT ME. ALSO THE GREY LADY BC HE MAKES HER COOKIES AND SHE LOVES IT EVEN THOUGH SHE’S DEAD AND CAN’T EAT THEM.
Consider yourself a thing. Consider all of the Gryffindor Piper things. JUST CONSIDER THEM.
• Recklessness (subtle reminder that Piper used her charmspeak to fuckign steal stuff even though she knew she would get caught. also consider yourself some other things. remember when she anNIHILATED A FRICKIN GODDESS WITH HER IMPULSIVENESS BECAUSE YES. remember when she and anniebell had to do the thing with the stuff that was all about feelings and shit but lil orphan annie over there was totally lost and all like “this is hella illogical” and pipes was just all “we just gotta dO THE THING ANNABETH” and it was total badassery bc it’s the reason i live)
• Bravery (this girl went on her first quest like a week after she found out she was a demigod and would probably die a painful death bUT DID SHE STUTTER?? nah. REMEMBER WHEN SHE SCREAMED AT A CROWD OF ANGRY ROMAN CHILDREN WHO WANTED MURDER BECAUSE JASON GOT HIT IN THE HEAD WITH A BRICK AND SHE HAD TO PROTECT HIM??? BRAVE. went on her first quest knowing that her dad was probably gonna die and did all the things to make the giants angry and plan a rescue??? BRAVE AF.)
• Chivalry (HELLA amazing friend because she’s just sO GENUINE AND KIND and you know that if someone hurts you she will CUT THEM WITH HER SUPER BADASS KNIFE THAT GIVES PEOPLE NIGHTMARES. stands by jason ALL THE TIME especially when he needs her and actually everyone can count on her for all of the things.)
SO: IF YOU DON’T THINK PIPER IS HELLA BRAVE THEN YOU ARE VERY WRONG MY DEAR FRIEND.
Conclusion: Piper would have defeated Voldemort by year 2 but sadly she was not the chosen one. GODRIC GRYFFINDOR SAYS HER FACE SHOULD BE PERMANENTLY ENGRAVED ON HIS SWORD SO THAT THE LAST THING THEIR ENEMIES SEE IS THE CUTE AND UNFORGIVING FACE OF PIPER MCLEAN.
On the subject of Leo: This child is a Ravenclaw through and through no evidence needed but jUST IN CASE I WILL TALK TO YOU ABOUT THE STUFF.
• Creativity (we are talking about a smol bean who makes tiny helicopters and stuff that actually works WHEN HE IS NOT EVEN LOOKING AT WHAT HE IS DOING OR PAYING ANY ATTENTION TO IT. remember how this child saw a terrifying bronze dragon that everyone had tried and failed to tame and just went “sweet, imma grab that so we can ride off into the Canadian sunset”??? yeahp. remember when apollo needed a thing so he just casually freaking iNVENTED A BRAND NEW INSTRUMENT LIKE IT WAS NBD??? I DO. BADASS)
• Originality (leo practically becomes famous for his abilities to come up with plans that are so ridiculously original that nobody figures out what’s happening before it’s too late and if that’s not good enough for you then idk what is. allow me to raise you the cyclops incident, right next to the robot eidolons thing plus that whole fiasco where he fuckign died, also did i mention the valdezinator or the fact that he was the only person to ever figure out how to return to ogygia?? this kid is a mechanical engineer already and he’s 16 im pretty sure baby eight year old leo sat through calculus classes at a local college and got the best grades tbh)
• Wit (leo is the master of comebacks and rash two-minute ideas that actually end up working like damn son this is a purebred Ravenclaw right here lemme just appreciate this. also hey remember that time where he got launched off of a flying ship and was hurtling downwards at a very alarming rate because you know that’s what happens when you fall and he literally actually built himself a working helicopter so that he wouldn’t die all while free falling from probably at least a few thousand feet in the air like damn son)
AS A FOOTNOTE: LEO CAN RIVAL ANNABETH IN KNOWLEDGE I MEAN HE IS A MECHANICAL ENGINEER WHAT MORE DO YOU ASK FOR
Conclusion: Leo and Jason share the diadem. Leo gets it on mondays, wednesdays and fridays and Jason gets to wear it on tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays and on sundays they surrender it to the marble bust of Rowena Ravenclaw in the Ravenclaw Tower who says that LEO DESERVES TO BE IN RAVENCLAW EVEN MORE SO THAN YOUR AVERAGE STUDENT COME AT ME BRO
ok well hazel is somehow both my child and my mom so I’m not exactly sure how that works but anyway hERE ARE ALL THE REASONS THAT HAZEL IS A BEAUTIFUL, BADASS SLYTHERIN.
• Cunning (hey y'all remember that time with the cliff and the turtle and the feet?? terrifying huh?? yeah girl slay!! hazel will trick you and manipulate you and you won’t have any idea it’s happening until you’re being gobbled up by your own gargantuan pet sea turtle. Slytherins are also known for achieving their ends in any and all ways and all i could think of was how my child actually literally fuckign died so that she could stop the rise of acelonywhatever and the whole time she was 13 and staring death and gaea right in the frickin face and she didn’t give any shits at all)
• Resourcefulness (let’s talk about that time when hazel was “captured” by the amazons and basically had nothing so she did the only logical thing which was drown them in massive piles of jewelry from the warehouse and make them beg for mercy, also there was this horse thing that nobody could touch and she just casually goes “oh just a sec lemme summon a giant gold nugget that was probably at least a mile into the dirt because how else would it be this big” and he loves her and she rides him into victory. did i mention that hazel is my mom?? this is just one (1) of the sUPER RAD RESOURCEFUL THINGS that hazel manages to pull off)
• Ambition (hazel both believes and knows for a fact that she can literally do all of the things and she never once doubts herself like at all because she is AMAZEBALLS LIKE THAT. SHE WAS 13 AND THE AMAZONS WERE ALL LIKE “DANG GIRL WE WANT YOU ON OUR TEAM” and she was like “i got this huge to-do list but nbd i’ll get her done” like she is pURE CONFIDENCE AND. YES)
Also: SHE’S TOTALLY SUPER COOL WITH ALL THE THINGS AND IS NEVER FAZED. THAT IS MY GIRL.
Conclusion: HAZEL LEVESQUE IS SLYTHERIN AF AND WILL ALWAYS ACHIEVE HER ENDS NO MATTER HOW MANY GIANT SEA TURTLES SHE HAS TO FEED YOU TO. SALAZAR SLYTHERIN FRICKIN APPROVES AND THINKS THAT SHE IS JUST AS TERRIFYING AS ANNABETH.
Not gonna deny that my lil noob Frankie’s a tRUE PURE-HEARTED GRYFFINDOR. THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD AGREE WITH ME.
• Chivalry (WE’RE TALKING ABOUT A CHILD WHO WILL TRIP OVER HIS OWN FEET AND PUNCH HIMSELF IN THE FACE IF IT MEANS HE’S SHOWING RESPECT TO YOU. my dude doesn’t care who you are, he will literally always show you respect until he’s given a reason not to. everything he eVER DOES is because he’s PROTECTING SOMEONE or he’s GETTING A LIL BIT OF PAYBACK and if that’s noT A GRYFFINDOR THING THEN DAMN SON YOU SHOULD REALLY SORT OUT YOUR PRIORITIES)
• Bravery (if you’re going to come into mY HOUSE and tell me that FRANK ZHANG ISN’T BRAVE then feel free to hit yourself in the face with a hammer because guess what losers?? this kid loses his mom and then his gma just goes “oh by the way you’re half god and you have a gift that you need to figure out for yourself and also here’s this piece of wood, don’t burn it or else you will actually die, now go with this pack of fuckign wolves to camp so that monsters won’t attack you and you won’t die, plus when you get there you have to beg forgiveness for this thing that your great grandfather did or else they might literally murder you. have fun” and frankie just rOLLS WITH IT AND KICKS ASS WHILE BEING A CUTE LIL CHUBBY BUNNY. LET’S NOT FORGET ABOUT HOW HE COMPLETELY OBLITERATED A WHOLE CITY’S WORTH OF MONSTERS to appease a stupid ass god and save nico and hazel from being forever plants and he gets back and trippy is absolutely terrified of him because omg he’s glowing red and he actually did the thing and oh also he kind of scared me so much that i sort of forgot i was a god and had power over him)
• Nerve (let me repeat how FRANK ENOUGH NERVE TO THREATEN A GOD WITHOUT EVEN THINKING OF THE CONSEQUENCES. I’M SO DONE WITH THIS. THIS IS MY SHIT THANKS. PLS APPRECIATE FRANKIE YOURE ALL BREAKING MY HEART. Also remember how he entrusted his real actual lifeline to somebody who wasn’t him like daaang boi that is so pure)
Additionally: FRANK ZHANG IS THE REASON I AM ALIVE AND WELL. ALSO REMEMBER HOW HE BECAME PRAETOR?? I DO BELIEVE THAT IS THE MOST BADASS WAY ANYONE HAS EVER BECOME PRAETOR PLEASE AND THANKS
Conclusion: GODRIC GRYFFINDOR CRIED WHEN FRANK WAS SORTED INTO HIS HOUSE. GODRIC DOESN’T THINK HE EVEN DESERVES FRANK. FRANK CAN HAVE 4 OF HIS SWORDS.
THIS HAS BEEN A THING. A THING WITH HOUSES AND PJO. I HOPE THIS WAS ENTERTAINING AT LEAST. THANK YOU KINDLY.
“Nico,” Will said, finally breaking the silence, “Are we just going to ignore the fact that there’s been noises at night in our kitchen for the last two weeks?”
Nico turned over to face him in the bed, eyes still closed, “Its probably just the wind,”
“What the hell is the wind doing with our cutlery?” Will hissed, as he heard more clinking and shuffling noises coming from downstairs.
It hadn’t been too long since Nico and Will had moved in together. Despite house hunting for so long, Nico had wanted to move into the dark bricked house they had first seen. and Will eventually agreed, even if it did look a bit terrifying.
They’d worked together to fix the plants and the front yard, added many more lights to make it look a less haunted house-y, but it was only the beginning.
A week after they moved in, they started hearing noises in the kitchen late at night. Or at least Will heard them, but Nico always looked unbothered so he didn’t mention them. It was two weeks later, that Will had finally brought it up.
Their room was dimly lit, thanks to the lamp that Will had gotten. Both boys laid in the bed, about to go to sleep when the noises had started again. There would be a shuffled sound downstairs, then the sound of their cutlery and sometimes, even footsteps.
“What do you want me to do?” Nico mumbled sleepily.
“Come on, get up,” Will whispered, “We need to get to the bottom of this
Nico sat up and rubbed his eyes, "You’re just being paranoid,”
However, Will was already out of their bed and waiting for him at the door. Begrudgingly, Nico followed him and they slipped into the corridor.
“Okay, quietly,” Will told Nico, as they sneaked halfway down the stairs. The noises seemingly got larger and this time, even Nico’s eyes widened.
“Come on, let’s check it out,” Will mumbled, but Nico held onto his hand.
“I refuse to be the white person in horror movies,”
Will rolled his eyes at Nico; a movement the dark haired boy could only catch because of the little light streaming through the window at the top of the staircase.
“Okay, together now,” Will said, “There’s no such thing as ghosts,”
He ended up being right. Just as they got off the stairs, the sound stopped. Will and Nico slowly peeked into the kitchen.
“Leo, what the fuck are you doing here?”
Their voices were synchronized, as the Hispanic boy froze in his tracks and looked at them with wide eyes. He looked disheveled, his hair sticking up everywhere, eyes wild and clothes dirty.
“Look…” he whispered hurriedly, as if he was hiding, “Be quiet… she might be here,”
“Who?” Nico frowned, but Leo shook his head.
“I mean… uh, nothing,”
“Seriously; why are you here?” Will asked, again.
“Well…Remember how you asked me to install a security camera in the house? Well, i decided to do it as a house warming gift,”
“Our party was two weeks ago!” Will complained, “And I wasn’t even being that serious. I could just get one from the store!”
“I know,” Leo said, “But I didn’t get you guys a gift then, so I decided to do it now. But I got hungry so I came here,”
“I am not going to believe that you’ve been doing this for the past two weeks,” Nico said, “What’s going on?”
Leo looked a bit sheepish, “Nothing….”
“Leo,” Will’s tone had an underlying warning.
“Fine… so you know how Piper and I are roommates? Well, Jason’s been coming over a lot lately, and they always… you know… and it got a bit too loud and inappropriate so I went and told them to stop… and sort of walked into… uh,”
“Okay, that doesn’t explain why you’re here?” Will turned on the light.
Nico squinted at the bright lights that surrounded them, “Will was scared out of his shit,”
Leo looked a bit scared, too, “Well, Piper is trying to hunt me down. I’ve been coming here to sleep for the past two weeks because your security sucks, no offense. And I actually did try installing a security camera!”
“And then you got hungry?” Will asked, folding his arms.
“Yes,” Leo admitted.
Nico rolled his eyes, “Will, ghosts may not exist, but annoying Hispanic boys do. Can we go back to sleep?”
In fact, he’d been a pretty active haunted house go-er in his earlier years. Before his life had been turned upside down (in the best way, of course,) with his demigod responsibilities, he’d spent every Halloween exploring local carnivals and festivals for the best haunted houses, whether they were local or franchised, big or small. His mother had hated them, but Percy always found a way.
When a carnival popped up near his home and he heard that a few of the campers had been planning on visiting, Percy jumped at the opportunity. Jason was returning from Camp Jupiter so he and Piper would attend, Nico and Will had been the ones to discover the carnival, and Annabeth had agreed to be his date. It’d been a while since he’d seen so many of his friends at once, and with the added excitement of Halloween, Percy was totally thrilled.
Clad in a classic vampire costume, Percy approached the entrance hand in hand with Annabeth, who was dressed as a witch. She looked amazing, as usual, her hair pulled back into a low ponytail to accommodate the pointed hat on her head, wearing a long black detailed dress. With a broomstick at her side, she looked beautiful and a little intimidating.
There were carnival games all over, a hay ride, a corn maze, and the infamous haunted house that stood in the center. Grinning, he threw an arm around Annabeth’s shoulder, pulling her close as they made their way to the food stand they’d all agreed to meet everyone at.
“You know there’s no way you’re getting me into the haunted house, right?” Annabeth asked, laughing. “Because I will most definitely be waiting outside at the end for you.”
“You’re no fun.” Huffed Percy, kissing her hair, walking to the stand. “But I guess that’s fine. Will will probably sit out with you, maybe Piper too. I’ll go in with Jay and Nico.” He grinned, squeezing her shoulders.
Annabeth rolled her eyes, her lashes impossibly long with the makeup she had on. Usually, she didn’t wear an excessive amount, but she’d gone all out for her costume. “Yeah, yeah.” She said, shaking her head. “I’ll stay out here with the scaredy cats and play carnival games while you guys go in. Then we’ll rejoin for the hay ride and fireworks?”
Percy nodded at her, waving in the direction of the rest of his friends, who had grouped together by the fast food stand. Will and Nico appeared to have literally switched outfits, Nico clad in an orange camp shirt and khakis, and Will dressed in dark jeans, a leather jacket, and a skull t-shirt. Jason was dressed as Superman, Piper as Wonder Woman.
Percy grinned and high fived Jason, and Annabeth greeted Piper with slightly less enthusiasm.
Will opted out of the haunted house, as Percy had suspected, so he stood with Annabeth and waved the other four off as they entered through the gates, the place already eerie as they entered.
It actually hadn’t even occurred to Percy that he might not be able to handle it.
In fact, he’d gone in with a grin on his face, eager to get the shit scared out of him, walking in between Jason and Nico.
Really, Percy’d faired alright until the room with all the fire. He’d been enjoying it far less than he’d expected, and he was more on edge than anything, but then all of the sudden, they walked into a room that was suffocatingly hot, with fire burning in all of the corners, and all Percy could think about was the river in Tartarus.
Before he could understand why or how, there was a tightness in his chest that he couldn’t get rid of, and then he couldn’t breathe. The fires were contained, he was sure, but his vision blurred and his head swam and all he could see was the fiery river and the awful monsters and then he felt a hand on his arm and he nearly shouted.
“Hey, are you alright?” It was Jason’s voice, close to his ear, his grip firm but still gentle. “Hey, Percy.”
“I have to get out of here-” Was all he could manage.
The next minute or so was a blur. Jason was pretty quick to catch on, and after a concerned house worker paused to ask if they were alright, they were ushered out of a back exit reserved for people who couldn’t handle the place.
Not a moment too soon, Percy was on the concrete in the open air, and Piper was jogging off to get Annabeth. Jason instructed him to put his head between his knees, but anything that he said went in one ear and out the other. Struggling to get a hold of his breath, Percy inhaled sharply and forced the air out just as quick.
Jason had a hand resting at the base of his neck, retreating only when Annabeth jogged over and dropped down to his level. “He just started freaking out.” Jason said. “I don’t know what happened.”
Percy’s breaths were more like gasps, his hands trembling as he curled his fingers into his own hair, messing up the slicked back style he’d done for his vampire look. Annabeth didn’t touch him at first, just sitting down on the concrete next to him, placing her hands in her lap.
“Hey, Percy.” She murmured, voice quiet yet even enough to be heard with ease. “You’re okay, we’re at the carnival.” After a moment or two of waiting, watching him hide his face and tremble, she received a tiny nod in reply. Reaching over, she took Percy’s wrist, drawing his hand away from his face. Shooting a look at Will, she sighed. “Go and get some water, please.
Percy was still shaking fiercely as Annabeth took his hand, uncurling his fingers and placing her hand in his. "It’s okay. We’re safe here. There aren’t any monsters or anything.” Percy nodded again, his wide eyes finding hers as he finally began to get some semblance of calm again. “Are you okay?”
Embarrassed, Percy gave one more jerky nod, taking several unsteady, deep breaths. “Y-yeah.” He finally managed, his voice much croakier than he’d anticipated. It had only been a few minutes since the panic had started, and Percy was at least thankful for that. Still, the air around him felt muggy and suffocating, and when he swallowed down the lump in his throat, he realized that he felt unbearably sick. “Hang on, I-”
The group of friends averted their eyes as Percy heaved up his stomach contents onto the pavement.
Will returned with the water soon enough, though, and the healer crouched down on Percy’s other side, taking his pulse and checking his pupils. The results were as expected. A panic attack, brought on likely by traumatic memories triggered by the haunted house.
Thoroughly mortified, Percy continued to scrub at his face, sitting off to the side on the concrete with Annabeth. Will had one arm around Nico, and Piper and Jason had gone off to get drinks for everyone, leaving the son of Poseidon to stew in his own embarrassment.
“It’s okay, Perce. Shit happens.” Annabeth said, stroking along the nape of his neck. “We can just go home, I can drive your car, we can watch movies at your place.” She assured, twirling his hair between her fingers.
“I can’t believe I freaked out like that…” Percy muttered, tilting his head to look at her. “They had to /escort/ me out of the haunted house, Annabeth.” He whined.
“We went through a lot down there.” Annabeth murmured, dragging her nails lightly along his shoulder blades. “You know some things won’t ever be the same. We just have to adjust. Take things day by day.” She said, patting his cheek lightly.
Percy rolled his eyes, resting his head against her palm. “Unfortunately.” He grumbled, sighing.
“But the hay ride is completely harmless, and we already have tickets. We can hold hands and enjoy the fresh air. Feeling up to it.”
Percy considered for a second, but he accepted Annabeth’s offered hand and hauled himself to his feet, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. “I think I can manage.”
Pressing a kiss to the crown of her head, Percy mumbled a barely audible ‘thank you,’ before turning to the rest of their friends, patting Jason’s shoulder before heading in the direction of the hay ride.