Not totally fairy kei related, but where do you recommend best for secondhand fairy kei shopping in japan? Like Closet Child for lolita, is there a big secondhand fairy kei market in jp?
Oooooh man, there’s quite a few good shops! I’ve selected a bunch in Tokyo, since it’s where most people will go.
- Kinji Resale is Harajuku the number one - Most of it is offbrand, but it sells amazing CHEAP items and has a section dedicated to pastels. It’s where you can find tutus and peignoirs!
- Closet Child - It’s not just for lolitas! Seriously, it also carries Nile Perch, 6%, Chocomint, and other brands depending on which branch you go to. My friend who went to Japan recently recommended the Ikebukuro shop for fairy items! Some lolita brands like Angelic Pretty also do fairy kei items.
- Romantic Standard - Vintage and resale shop which is loved even by models like Mimmam/Kyary!
- G2? - Vintage shop specialising in girly items.
- Santonibunnoichi - Recently boomed in popularity, sells oversized items that look adorable paired with tutus or cute printed items.
Nadia Florez En El Corazon - Sells original and vintage items, some of which are perfect for fairy coords!
You should also check out shops like Book Off! for secondhand issues of KERA and FRUiTS ☆
There are also quite a lot of fairy kei items being sold on secondhand sites like Yahoo! Auctions, Mbok, Fril, etc
So basically the market is quite big!
I hope that helps, and hopefully it’ll help other people who are planning trips to Japan!