Important messages from “Yuri!!! on Ice” to an athlete
1. You don’t have an expiration date. Yuuri is a “late bloomer”, you can be that too.
2. To succeed in your sport, you don’t have to be born with talent - hard work and dedication will bring you far.
3. Rivalry doesn’t exclude the possibility of a friendship.
4. What works for others might not work for you. You’re an individual and there’s not one correct answer to what will help you improve your athletic performance. Celestino wasn’t the right coach for Yuuri, ballet didn’t work for Otabek.
5. Some days - maybe weeks or months, even - you won’t perform the way you want to and know you can. That’s okay. You’ll figure it out. Everyone falls into a slump sometimes.
6. At the end of the day, the most important thing is that you enjoy your sport. It’s supposed to be fun, even though it might seem to be all work and no fun.
7. You don’t have to fight alone . Don’t be afraid to ask for help - it might help you to develop your skills and help you out of a rough patch
Person A and Person B are both demons stuck in the lowest ring of hell. Person A has plans to make the best of their eternal damnation by climbing up the ranks till they become the ruler of hell. Person B on the other hand, is just along for the ride, and really only plans on sticking around with A for the benefits of being second in command to the soon-to-be-ruler-of-hell.
Watching Derek dote on someone is hard – harder than Stiles
thought it would ever be, despite the fact he knows it’s insincere; despite the
fact it’s the job and nothing more.
It’s hard because
Stiles hasn’t had those arms around him in months, hasn’t had opportunity to
arrange a chance meeting on a crowded street in weeks, hasn’t had Derek’s eyes
meet his and watched his mouth curl into a smile for him.
Derek’s team have
been fairly indulgent, letting Stiles tag along on the assignment to observe
and allowing him to blend with various crowds just to be close to Derek. Early
on, before Derek insinuated himself into their mark’s life, they even allowed
them to talk on the phone, but that might as well have been in another
hates his job, hates Derek’s job, hates the fact they’d never have met if it
wasn’t for their jobs because then he can’t hate it as much.
Stiles is across the
restaurant and he can’t tear his eyes away from the back of Derek’s head for
more than a few seconds at a time, usually at the prompting of the agent he’s
sitting across from.
If the Blackwing breakout was sixteen years ago and Lux DuJour disappeared sixteen years ago and Dirk Gently said that “I vaguely recall it being a big story at the time” then it’s theoretically possible that this was one of the first things he saw on the news after he escaped.
i know my mirror is gross, i gotta do something about it aaaa (i keep changing the captions of this because i’m v unsure abt these photos they looked good but now i feel like they look pretentious ??? aaaaa)