What I learnt from Superskinny’s
Been watching supersize vs super skinny for a while (up to season 2 now) and this is what I’ve learnt so far from the super skinny’s diets. Special warning though, most of the contestants have various health issues, I wouldn’t recommend their lifestyle for teenagers or younger people unless they want to be short, have poorly developed brains or worsen their acne. Eat healthy kids.
- Drink tea, energy drinks or coffee for energy instead of food. (Or just in between meals, if you do have it instead of food, maybe a take a vitamin and drink plenty of water)
- Have a busy lifestyle - all the skinny’s had activities that were very time consuming, a mother/marathon runner, model/dancer, studying law etc (The supersizes also don’t set time away to cook or plan healthy meals, opting for fast alternatives like junk food and fast food, if you plan on eating set some time aside each week to buy fresh produce and eat, this way you’ll be eating way more nutritious, lower calorie, and more filling food. Cooking is also underrated)
- Tiny portions - instead of a whole sandwich just have half, child sized portions, don’t finish your food, give parts of your food to other people, be picky when eating. (This includes the ratio of your food groups as well, make sure your eating balanced meals that aren’t just meat and refined carbs, packing on the veggies is a great to feel full and satisfied after a meal without packing on the calories, and your body will thank you for it)
- Eat non distracted - The supersized people usually eat in front of the tv, after a few days of eating at the table with a superskinny they often start feeling more full from their meals, especially when they pay attention to how much their eating.
- Eat slowly, chew your food, pay attention to the sensation of feeling more full, if you fast from time to time you’ll be very familiar with this feeling. Always stop once you’re starting to feel full and slow down, it takes roughly 20 minutes from the time you start eating to feel full.
- Drinking water in and taking time between bites also helps.
- Don’t eat after 6pm - Supersized people often snack into the night.
- Cook your own food, stay away from takeaway (if you can’t avoid it try microwave meals - it controls your portions while takeaways are always huge and don’t give you the amount of calories and fat)
- don’t build eating up to a huge deal - superskinnys were always just “whatever” about food while supersizers were the ones acting like food was a huge part of their life. If you make food out to be the pinnacle of life, you will binge. It’s just food. Treat it as fuel rather than indulgence.
- If you already smoke, use it instead of snacks to satisfy hunger pains - coffee and a cigarette can be a good way to start the day when restricting (be careful with caffeine intake on an empty stomach though, I sometimes get nauseous or headaches from it)
- If you can don’t eat alone - do be aware of how those around you might influence your diet, supersizers often had families who accepted and treated their eating as normal. Don’t look at someone else’s plate as an indication of what’s normal, try to rely on your own standards.