Shadowhunters re-watch 106+107, also known as Unpopular Opinion™:
- Lovely, lovely Lightwood stuff! Max, Maryse, Robert! I love the family conflicts and background and everything.
- Yeah, Jace, guilt-trip Alec into doing whatever you want. Again. Even Simon picked up on the way you’ve been treating Alec.
- BTW, Simon is really annoying in this ep.
- “I’m on your side.” Really, Iz? That’s why you never listen to Alec, why you disregard his orders and undermine his authority? I have no doubt that you love Alec but you have zero respect for him.
- This re-watch is making me weirdly sympathetic towards Maryse, huh. Maybe all that we’ve learned about her in S2A is helping.
- MALEC! The drink scene will never not be one of my favorites! They were both so soft in it. And the strength-sharing! Can we get more of that in the future?
- Clary was so cool in this ep. When she stabbed that demon, I cheered!
- Loved the parabatai convo in the sewers. I wish Jace was like that more often in S1 and not just in times of danger.
- Still skipping the Simon stuff. I find the vampire storyline boring *shrugs*
- Izzy was also cool in this ep now that she actually started taking her work as a Shadowhunter seriously and not just as a fun hobby.
- Magnus’ giggle will never not be hilarious.
- Best Luke episode yet!
- OUCH at the very end, when Alec saw Jace and Clary kissing. OUCH!!!