Reasons an FP/anyone may not have replied to you yet
I know that a lot of us with BPD- and other disorders such as anxiety, DPD, paranoia etc- can get really worried when those we care about don’t reply- or anyone! We worry they hate us, are angry, are leaving us, are hurt. So, here’s a list of possible reasons why they may not be replying that aren’t those!
- They’re asleep. This is kinda subjective to the time they’re in, but this included naps! Sometimes people fall asleep suddenly, or fall asleep before your reply
- They’re busy. They made need to focus on something, or not be allowed on their phone. Or, they want to save their reply to you for when they can put their full attention on you and give a proper reply
- They’re unsure how to reply yet. sometimes people need time to think of how to reply, and want to give a proper one
- They don’t feel like talking to anyone right now. It’s not that they don’t wanna talk to you specifically- they may just be socially drained or want to focus on themselves!
- They’re not in a mental place where they can reply to you. This includes perhaps they’re dissociating, or can’t think straight to reply
- Their phone is dead. Plain and simple
- Their wifi dropped. Same again
- They’re taking pleasure time. Video games, reading anything. Sometimes people need time to relax- it doesn’t mean that they don’t enjoy talking to you, they just wanna fully immerse themselves in their activity.
- They’re interacting with someone/in a situation where it’s not appropriate to use their phone. Maybe at dinner, church, a lesson, anything
- They suddenly have to deal with something urgent.
- They forgot. I know this one is scary/hurts- but it doesn’t mean you’re not important to them! Maybe they saw your message whilst busy, thought they need to reply later, then forgot. Some people also have memory issues that mean they forget to reply to things.
- They’re not logged into what you talk in. This goes esp for facebook/tumblr
- They havn’t got your message. This can be for lots of reasons! Bad connection, app is broken, phone is slow, anything like that