How do you handle being lonely? I'm a closeted lesbian and I am not in the best situation to come out to those around me, which leaves me constantly feeling left alone romantically. Any tips on how to cope?
aw, i hope that one day, you’ll be able to comfortably come out to those around you.
how to handle being alone/lonely:
- do things that make you feel whole, that make you forget you’re alone - go take a walk, go to a cafe, go shopping, listen to music, clean your living space, etc.
- know that your person, who ever that person may be, is coming into your life.
- know that one day your loneliness will not exist in your life anymore. you’ll be surrounded by people who care about you, people who love you, people who will never hurt you.
- but also know to and learn to enjoy your alone time. yes, sometimes it’s hard. but this is the time that you learn yourself, that you learn to love yourself…to trust yourself, to make yourself happy. like what i’ve said before, sometimes your loneliness is a gift. learn to love it. learn to appreciate this time.
- find positive things to do to fill up your time - read, painting, write, draw, binge watch shows/movies on netflix, whatever!
- it’s okay to feel frustrated. it’s okay to cry during this time. it’s normal. but always pick yourself up and dust yourself off.