My Headcanons on the Dads and Sexuality
Robert: Bisexual, but possibly repulsed by sex.
- While he has shown attraction to men (The MC/Joseph,) and women (His deceased wife,) the fact that having sex with him at any point of his route locks you into his bad end, gives me the vibes that sex for him isn’t as pleasurable as it may have once been.
- He’s one of the few dads that will not have a sex scene with your MC. While it may be because, at the time, he’s not 100% open to you about him being transgender and fears how you would react (It’s implied by his son, Lucien, that people aren’t exactly the nicest to his dad,) I like to think it’s a case of Damien simply not caring much for sex.
Craig: Gay. Especially for the MC.
- Yes, Craig was married to “Smashley” for a significant portion of his life, but it’s very possible to still be gay while having past romantic relations with women. The fact that River is so much younger than the Twins also gives an idea that him and Ashley may not have had much of a sex life, further cementing the idea that, while he cared a lot for Ashley, he may not have felt that way specifically for her.
Oh yeah, and the whole way he’s extremely friendly to the MC, even before the first date, sorta gives me the idea that Craig has a far stronger view on the MC than just “bros.” You can’t tell me you haven’t seen an old college roomie/friend in presumably years (At least one year, since the MC had no idea about Craig and Ashley’s divorce,) but can still immediately recognize them while you’re on a jog. From a distance, no less, considering he was calling out for your attention.
- You know why.
Mat: Bisexual, or whatever sexual orientation Vernon Shaw is.
- Mat had a wife in the past, before her untimely demise. And of course, he shows clear interest in the MC. I can see him being Bi, Pan, or any sort of combo of sexuality that doesn’t just limit on one gender specifically.
Or, well, since Mat is supposed to be Vernon’s self-insert, his sexuality is whatever sexuality Vernon has. I don’t know, I really don’t keep up with the Grumps.
- The only dad to mention he has an ex-husband, over an ex-wife.
- Brian is one of two dads who we have no idea what their past spouse was like (The other being Damien.) So it’s hard to gauge with that fact. I mean? Maybe he’s Demisexual? Only experiences sexual attraction to people he develops strong emotions for. I could see this, considering the fact he’s one of three dads where sex isn’t an option (Damien and Robert are the others, tho Robert you can still have sex, it’s just real fuckin’ bad to do that.)