I’ve never done one of these and I feel like doing it. So there.
I was tagged by @ineloquent-tumbling.
Rule one: Always post the rules
Rule two: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write your questions
Rule 3: Tag 11 people and link them to the post
Rule 4: Actually tell the people you tagged that you tagged them
1. If you were a color, what color would you be and why?
This question is not as simple as I expected. My first instinct was to answer green, because that’s my favorite color, but the more I think about it the more I realize that I don’t think I can decide. That’s always been my problem, really. I want to do and be so many things that I can’t figure out which one is the real me. So can I just say that I am all colors some days, see-through on others, smoky and indistinct on most, but today I am feeling light pink around the edges and a deep dusty rose in my center? Tomorrow I could be indigo or sunshine yellow. Who knows?
2. What was your favorite genre to read as a middle/high school student?
This one is easy. Fantasy has always been my favorite and most of my favorite books in the genre were read during my formative years. In middle school it was Brian Jacques, Diane Duane, Madeleine L’engle, Diana Wynne Jones, and Anne McCaffrey. When I got to high school there was a whole new library and there I discovered Stephen R. Donaldson, Neil Gaiman, Tad Williams, Weis and Hickman, Elizabeth Haydon, Tanith Lee, Robert Jordan, Michael Moorcock, R.A. Salvatore, Terry Goodkind, Peirs Anthony, Charles de Lint and so many more.
3. Did you ever play an instrument? If so, what did you play? Do you still?
I took mandolin lessons for a while but was so hopeless at it that I knew I’d never be able to play. I think that only inspired my love of music more because it always seems a sort of magic, making so much beauty out of random chaos. I mean, taking all those different notes and sounds from all those different instruments and putting them together in a way that not only makes sense but can move a person to actually feel something. *sorcery*
4. What makes up your perfect sandwich?
Okay, it sounds weird but my favorite sandwich is sliced, baked sweet potato with avocado, onions, tomato, and poppyseed dressing. Yummy yum yum.
5. Which of the four elements (fire/water/air/earth) do you most identify with and why?
I am an earth sign and so have always found myself to be in my element when surrounded by a forest. I love how solid and welcoming the earth makes me feel, whether it’s sitting on a sun-warmed rock, or pushing my fingers into cool, moist dirt, or laying my cheek against soft new grass in the spring. With that said, though, I have noticed of late that I am finding an affinity for air as well, which is odd to me because I’ve always felt the need to be grounded with firm roots. I am both excited and frightened by my new relationship with air, though, and am eager to see where it leads me.
My 5 questions:
1. When did you discover your life’s purpose/passion and how did you know?
2. If you could meet with yourself from anywhere on your timeline (future or past) what version of you would you choose and what would you two talk about?
3. What is the worst book you’ve ever read (and finished) and how do you think the author could have made it better?
4. If you could gain one talent (that you don’t currently have) what would it be and why? (This does not mean super powers!)
5. Describe the most beautiful person you have ever met.
I will tag:
@lifeislikeaboxofemptycalories @mattbirnbaum @challenge-the-unknown @sharpbriar @the-girl-that-no-one-ever-knows @embryhallowed @thechoiceismine @boydoicry @maidenofthespear @booksandghosts @tonyburgess1969