1. What subjects are you currently studying? government and politics, maths, religious studies, psychology
2. Who would you say is your biggest influence? idk i kinda do what im told so anyone thats ever spoken to me probably
3. What’s one country you would like to visit? i really want to go to australia and new zealand again
4. What’s your favourite book? tbh probably ready player one bc its just???? i love it so much
5. What do you do to keep yourself motivated? to do lists and making sure that everything is broken down into teeny steps so that it doesnt seem so daunting
6. What language(s) would you really like to learn? french and also all the languages
7. What holiday do you prefer, Christmas or Halloween? christmas!!! halloween is such a nothing holiday and i hate it
8. How old are you? 16 but i feel like im 17 bc everyone i know is 17 (august baby ftw)
9. Favourite season? i usually say autumn but spring is so lovely and full of hope
10. Who is your favourite band/singer? gnash is pretty cool, i like most music so its really what im listening to atm that counts. one direction is a constant and so are walk the moon. ive also recently “””rediscovered””” the beatles
11. Have you had a good day today? kinda, i havent done any work but thats bc i got it all done in my free, i kinda feel guilty for not doing revision but lol nvm
UPDATE: List compiled from Ed’s interviews on BBC Radio 1, BBC Radio1Xtra, Capital FM, Absolute Radio, Zach Sang and more.
1. Ed visited 10 countries during his year off (Iceland, Ghana, Japan, Fiji, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Italy, Ireland, Liberia). 🇦🇺🇫🇯🇬🇭🇮🇸🇯🇵🇱🇷🇳🇿🇺🇸🇨🇮🇮🇹
2. Instead of going to Grammy after parties Ed flew directly to Iceland.
3. Shape Of You was written as an appreciation song for the female form.
4. John Mayer has an uncredited guitar solo on Divide 🎸
5. Ed has 2 more math symbol albums and 5 more albums after that. 7 more Ed albums in our future! ➗✖️➕➖
6. Ed recently purchased the Lego version of The Simpsons house
7. Ed has a song in the Ghanaian dialect Twi
8. Ed has the flag of Ghana tattooed somewhere on his body. He has not revealed the exact location of the tattoo.
9. Ed had a studio built on the Queen Mary 2 so he could work on the new album. Apparently Benny Blanco doesn’t like to fly✈️✈️ 🛳🛳🛳
10. Ed painted the album cover for ➗
11. Ed is featured on the most recent Eric Clapton album under the pseudonym Angelo Mysterioso. The pseudonym was one that Clapton and George Harrison used.
12. Everything in the song Castle on The Hill is true except the broken leg line.
13. There is one more single release before Divide is released in full.
14. Divide should be released in the next 2 months.
15. Ed learned to ski⛷⛷
16. Ed has just started watching The Walking Dead
17. Ed threw out 7 songs for Divide and the songs are now in “song jail”.
18. Ed fell asleep during the first half of Rogue One. 🎟🎟
19. Ed is godfather to one of Big Narstie’s children.
20. Ed tried to get over his fear of heights by bungee jumping. It didn’t work. He still has bad dreams about it.
Struggling with some homework today, partly because I can never actively listen in lectures, partly because I’ve had barely any sleep this week and partly because the weather is really nice for once and I don’t want to be working. 😢