And what an opportunity to share some of the best museums, museumy people and conservators we’ve come across on Tumblr?
- britishmuseum - they don’t post much, but when they do it’s sculpted bods and aussie art
- jewishmuseumldn - beautiful photography, behind-the-scenes and contemporary blogs from a great museum (which I still haven’t managed to visit in person yet)
- maryrosemuseum - did you know they just got a Special Commendation for European Museum of the Year? There’s a reason. And half of that reason is their museum includes a real ship owned and loved by Henry VIII which was brought up from the bottom of the ocean
- derbysilkmill - who are doing amazing things bringing in the whole community to build and maintain their museum
- wellcomecollection - for the curious, for the weird and very often the strange
- in-the-horniman - quality photographs and interesting snippets about world cultures, without fail
- cooperhewitt - if there was a cutting edge of museums, Cooper Hewitt would be it. We want their pens.
- museumsandstuff - whose blogs on contemporary museum issues we’ve been enjoying
- attendants-view - have you ever wondered what the lived experience of that alternately bored and very excitable attendant in your museum is? Look no further.
- whenyouworkatamuseum - the digital equivalent of a stress ball for a museum worker
- conservatoratwork - described as the ‘Greatest. Jobb. Ever.’ And they’re not kidding.
- conservethis - Mostly books but we’ll let it stand (don’t get us started on the definition of a museum). Also one of the best digital/social media advocates for conservation we’ve come across
- nyupreservation - Amzaing behind-the-scenes stuff and always a pleasure in the feed
So..have we missed anyone?