I'm kinda new to writing nsfw stuff, and my story will have sexual scenes, do you have any tips for writing mature stuff?
Hmmm. It’s difficult to give tips on writing sex scenes because everyone’s style is different, but I’ll do my best.
- Have a scene in mind. Have a good mental image of what is happening. That way, when someone moves or they want to switch positions, you know how it’s going to happen. You want your readers to know what’s going on, so you need to as well.
- Draw on your own experience. It doesn’t matter if you’ve had sexual partners or not - even if you’ve only had sexual experiences with yourself, use that to help inform what you’re writing. What feels good? What do you like?
- Try to stay away from cliches. That isn’t to say they don’t have their place, but you’ll sacrifice originality if your whole sex scene is just a mash of cliches. ((Side note: As for dirty talk, sure it’s really hot, sure it’s easy to write, but don’t feel like you have to add it just because you want dialogue.))
- Euphemisms have their place. Don’t be afraid to use euphemisms (eg. hard shaft) when the tone of the sentence demands it. But also, don’t be afraid to use more direct words as well (eg. penis, vagina).
- Don’t be afraid to write it. If you’re tentative about it, or are worried how it’ll turn out, then it’ll come across in your writing. Be confident - you’ll do fine.
tldr: Just go for it. Write what you like and readers will like it too.