so now that Iron Fist is out, I just realized how closely the Defenders shows’ release order parallels phase 1 of the MCU:
1. Iron Man/Daredevil S1 Features a hero in a bright red suit, received with enormous immediate success
2. The Incredible Hulk/Jessica Jones S1 Hero whose normal appearance really hides the power they possess. Just wants to be left alone tbh. No costume or armour, they’re just themselves.
3. Iron Man 2/Daredevil S2 Bright red suit hero man is back again, to less critical acclaim, but still pretty good.
4. Thor/Luke Cage S1 Hero whose normal appearance clearly shows the enormous physical power he possesses. Serious brother issues because of paternal favouritism.
5. Captain America/Iron Fist S1 Young guy from New York gets in a plane crash in the snow, presumed dead, returns many years later to everyone’s amazement. Training primarily focused on defeating ancient evil cult (since that’s technically what Hydra was originally, inhuman-wise, in the MCU).
6. Avengers/Defenders Big song and dance number brings our unlikely team of misfits together in New York where they align under a group name that describes what they do for the innocent/general public.