My personal issues with Hydra Nazi Cap (aside from the obvious)
1. Cap fought in World War 2, so did my grandfather, except, Lolo didn’t fight in Europe, he fought in the Philippines, against the “& company” part of Nazi & company as an 11 year old, and Cap reminds me of my Lolo.
2. My dad, an immigrant like Steve’s mom, is in the military. One of the main reasons why I loved Cap all these years is because he fights for justice even though he never had to, just like my dad.
3. I may not be from Europe, I may not have Jewish blood in me, but I have friends who do, I have family members who fought the same war as Steve. And you’re just gonna tell us ALL that the ONE person we looked up to was fighting for the other side?! I don’t think so.
4. I don’t care what Nick Spencer says. Our families did not fight Nazi & company with Steve in the background going Whoo! go Hydra!
5. If any kid ever comes up to me while I proudly wear my already bought Steve/Captain America merch asking me why he’s a Nazi or part of Hydra, I will look at the kid very calmly and say this: “Sweetie, Steve isn’t a Nazi/part of Hydra. That’s what they want you to think. Hydra came to our world and had Nick Spencer write him that way. They don’t want you to believe in Steve anymore. But no matter what Hydra says, Captain America is not a Nazi. Believe in him before they tried to destroy him.
I 100% blatantly REFUSE to accept that Steve Rogers has always been a Nazi or that he EVER will be. And I don’t ever want anyone younger than me to give up on their heros. I will keep up my posters. I will wear my shirts and pins. I will read my comics of the REAL Steve Rogers. I will continue to cosplay characters from his comics. I will keep my movies. Because there is one thing you can never, ever make me do; which is believe that a man that I respect as much as my father and grandfather and every other good soldier I have ever met in my life, is dirty.
Nope, ain’t happening people. Carry on with your lives. Deny this false world that Nick Spencer has created. It’s all the plan of Hydra. Nick may not be Hydra, but he did help them.
Help Captain America get up to speed with the Philippines! Post images that reflect the signs of the times from the 50s on to today: music, movies, celebrities, historic moments, fads, fashion and more.
Put them up in your own social networks—Facebook, twitter, Instagram—and use the hashtag #CatchUpWithCap.