🍃🥕August Magic Tips🥕🍃
🥕Produce in Season🥕
artichokes, apricots, blackberries, beetroot, blueberries, broad beans, carrots, chard, cob nuts, cherries, cucumbers, figs, fennel, greengages, gooseberries, garlic, new potatoes, onions, peaches, potatoes, plums, radishes, raspberries, sweet corn, spinach, turnips, tomatoes. cod, crab, lobster, sea trout, salmon
🍄Wild Foods In Season🍄
black mustard, blackberry, crab apples, elderberries, field mustard, gooseberry, hare, hazelnut, marsh samphire, rabbit, raspberry, rosehip, sea beet, vension, wild mushrooms, wild strawberries, wild mint, wild blackberry
- The full moon is the 7th and is known as the Corn Moon or Sturgeon Moon because they’re most easily caught this month.
- Lammas (Lughnasadh) is the first harvest of the month.
- Hazel and elder are the symbolic tree, sunflower, cornflower, and harebell for flowers, and parsley and basil for herbs.
- Colors are gold and red.
🔮Witchy Ways To Celebrate August🔮
- Decorate your home and altar with symbols of the harvest- apples, berries, and corn. A simple bowl of oats works well for focus and centering. It’s a good time to use both summer and autumn colors and herbs.
- Bake a loaf of bread using local honey or ingredients if you can, and share it with your loved ones. Leave out some offerings for you harvest deities or the fae.
- Notice the seasonal changes that are coming by walking in the sunshine and watching out for the changes in the air that herald autumn.
- Write down your regrets and thanks in your Book of Shadows or journal to record your Lammas journey!