After painting canvas after canvas for my friends who have decided what university they will be attending this coming year, I’m excited to finally make one for myself. I have officially committed to Marquette University, and will be enrolled in their direct admit Doctorate of Physical Therapy program! If any of you have any insight that you’d like to share, please feel free to message me. Thank you all for the amazing support I’ve received throughout this process, your advice has helped a lot!
Hey guys, the Westboro baptist Church came to my university, Marquette University, on Monday. I just took these photos because it’s exam week and it was really cold and wet outside. I really liked the counter protesters signs.
Throwback Thursday — Video Games at Brooks Memorial Union: In 1982, arcade video games like Tempest, Centipede and Ms. Pac-Man ate quarters from student pockets. Marquette University’s old Brooks Union game room was located — where else? — in the basement.
The Alumni Memorial Union replaced Brooks in 1990, and Brooks Hall was demolished in 2001 to clear the way for the Raynor Library. The game room in the AMU still carries the Brooks name, in honor of Rev. Peter A. Brooks, S.J., MU alumnus, first union manager and 17th university president.
36. Dance the night away and learn a few new moves at salsa club.
37. Challenge your convictions
“His impact is incredibly evident, and he is an amazing professor. He teaches in a way that students are inspired to critically examine and deepen their own faith convictions.” - Kristen Krapfl on Father Massingale
38. Try to visit every Colectivo Coffee shop in Milwaukee
39. Sing karaoke at Miss Katie’s Diner
40. Sample a variety of Milwaukee’s food and custard at the Public Market
41. Thank a LIMO driver for all their hard work
42. Go to all of the events during Senior Week, including the Camping Trip.
43. Devour a plate of $2 Tacos at BelAir Cantina on Tuesdays and Thursdays
44. Spend a day soaking up the sun with your friends
45. Join the Brew Crew and tailgate a game at Miller Park
46. Find your favorite Friday night fish fry - it’s a Milwaukee tradition
47. Embark on a spiritual retreat with Marquette Cru and other faith focused organizations
48. Get your game face on for #MUBB
49. Catch a broadway musical at the Milwaukee Theater
50. Try a slice of heaven, oh we mean Ian’s Mac and Cheese Pizza
51. Ring the Carillon Bells
52. Support your theatre classmates and attend a performance at the Helfaer Theatre
53. Volunteer abroad and be the difference
54. Participate in the Briggs and Al’s Run and Walk for Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
55. Play bingo at Potawatomi
56. Squeeze into standing room only Tuesday night mass at St. Joan of Arc
57. Try Real Chili at least once at 3AM in the morning
58. Dine with the Jesuits
59. Study in Caffery’s during Happy Hour
60. Survive a blizzard
61. And appreciate the sunsets
62. Enjoy yoga and the arts at the Haggerty Museum of Art for free
63. Act like a kid again and start a snowball fight in Central Mall
64. Take a stroll through the Boerner Botanical Gardens
65. Buy a gift at the Spirit Shop
66. Take a class that has nothing to do with your major
67. Watch the Milwaukee Art Museum’s “wings” open and close
68. Be seen on ESPN for a #MUBB game.
69. Rent a pontoon with friends and cruise to Lake Michigan and take in the sunset
70. Connect with Marquette alumni by joining an alumni club
71. Nab some fresh produce at the local Farmers Market.
72. Attend a mass at the beautiful Church of Gesu
73. Score a few steals at the Turner Hall Urban Garage Sale
74. Feeling groovy? Grab drinks at Nick’s House
75. Eat the best grilled cheese sandwich at the Melthouse Bistro
76. Live Cura Personalis every day
77. Try sampling brunch from all of the Lowlands Grand Cafes including: Barvaria, Hollander, Centraal and Benelux
78. Watch a Bucks game and #OwnTheFuture
79. Sing carols at Miracle on Central Mall
80. Get followed by @PresLovell
81. Listen to a Marquette playlist on Spotify
82. Make us proud
83. Have lunch with President Lovell
84. Wear a Milwaukee Home tee
85. Appreciate this view
86. Represent MU everywhere you go
87. Continue the in-state rivalry
88. Really, it’s all in good fun
89. See a movie at the Oriental or Downer Theaters
90. Conquer the Pizza Shuttle Pizza Challenge
91. Sample the tastes of the city and dine outdoors at a Milwaukee Food Trucks
92. Find YOUR spot on campus
93. Make a snowman or go sledding in Humboldt Park in Bay View
94. Take a carriage ride downtown MKE
95. Try something new. . like curling!
96. Explore the Oak Leaf Trail
97.Send a thank you to those that have made an impact on your Marquette experience.
98. Grab your friends and host a pre-graduation photoshoot.
99. Give back to the University that has given you so much and donate to the Senior Challenge.
100. Walk across that stage with the biggest smile on your face because you MADE IT!
See a post you adore on Tumblr’s desktop dashboard? Press the “J” key to enter Tumblr’s keyboard shortcuts mode. (If the dashboard scrolls past your favorite post, press the “K” key to go back one previous post.) Then hold down the “L” key to like it, but keep holding the “L” key to watch the hearts fly. Release the “L” key to stop the palpitations. To reblog the post, press the “R” key, which summons the reblog popover window. Hat tips to bookshop and memelibrarian.com.