!! Hey hey Is it okay to ask for some Domestic Tendou headcannons?
God why can’t I just write five head canons and move along like normal people? This is why I take time, you lot.
- When it comes to eating, he has the tastes of a child; his favorite food is chocolate ice cream, for Pete’s sake. He has a very small selection of food he’ll eat, and even when his s/o gets them for him, he’ll only eat a little bit at a time. It stresses his s/o out, especially when they go on dates and Tendou has to order off the kids menu.
- He always wears fuzzy socks around the house, no matter the season. In winter, he gets extremely cold, so they’re his best friend. They don’t sell good quality ones for men, so he buys the ones for women in the largest size. They have pink puff balls and bows and everything, and he has no shame. He even thinks they’re cute.
- He’s one hundred percent an extrovert, no matter how much he likes to stay inside. Tendou actually cannot function without talking to at least one person throughout the day. When he’s by himself, he gets himself down, and he always needs another person there to talk to him, keep him distracted. Besides volleyball, a lot of his hobbies occur inside, but even if they do, that doesn’t mean he can’t get his energy off of being around people he loves.
- In relations to the last one, Tendou will always have friends over. After college, I see him living in an apartment with his s/o, so he always has a person with him, but with Tendou, he needs more. Not only are his friends invited over, but his s/o is pretty accustomed to Tendou sitting in the living room with three other guys and saying, “Hey! Remember that one guy in our anthropology class in college? Well yeah, this is his drug dealer and his cousin. They’re pretty chill.” His s/o just doesn’t even… question it anymore. Tendou gets along with the weirdest people.
- If Tendou and Ushijima keep in touch after high school, I see them getting together a lot on weekends, or any other time they have off. His apartment has an extra, voided bedroom (that doubles as a study) for when Ushijima stays the night. It happens pretty frequently, he might as well just start paying some of the bills.
- One hundred percent dependent on his s/o he it comes to his health, and if it weren’t for her he would be dead. I’ve mentioned this in a lot of my head canons before, but Tendou is pretty careless when it comes to basic human necessities. Unless somebody reminds him to go to sleep, he’ll wind up pulling an all-nighter. Unless somebody tells him, “hey, are you going to eat?” He literally will not eat for days. It’s not that he’s necessarily mentally unhealthy to the point where he wants to starve himself, he just forgets. He once went three days without both food, water and sleep and his body forcibly shut down on him. His s/o had to call the ambulance for the sheer fact that her boyfriend was being an idiot.
- Surprisingly, he’s not as clumsy as you’d expect a six foot two, walking string bean to be. On multiple occasions, he’s saved many vases and house plants from hitting the floor and saved his s/o’s distress along with it.
- His apartment has lots of little succulents and cacti, he finds that aesthetic cute. He couldn’t care for a pet, he can’t even care for himself, let alone another sentient being, so cacti work just fine with him.
- He plays the keyboard but only knows how to play anime intros, video game battle music and Gorillaz songs. He’s not even sure who Beethoven really is.
- There isn’t a day that goes by where he doesn’t steal his s/o’s clothes. If they’re around his size, maybe even a bit larger, he’d do it a lot more frequently. “Is that my baseball tee? That I bought yesterday?” She’d ask. Of course it is. He really doesn’t stretch the clothes much because there isn’t much of him to stretch anything, really.
- On weekends, the probability of him waking up before one pm is very, very, slim. Even if he goes to sleep, it’s not until the sun rises.
- Sometimes his s/o will find him laying across the most random of places; under the coffee table in the living room, on the bedroom floor, on her desk. Times like these, when he notices her presence, he’ll ask the most odd, obscure questions any human being could ever even ponder about asking. It drives his s/o insane because “god why can’t he just join a Reddit thread instead of making me overthink like this.”
- He knows all the misfortunes of the stains on the apartments carpets and walls. There’s a blotchy brown one in the study where his s/o accidentally dropped one of the succulents off of the desk. There’s several in the living room, all a different array of reds and pinks, from dropped popsicles in the summer. Tendou and his s/o got drunk one night and she accidentally snorted pink vodka all over their white bedroom walls out of her nose from laughing so hard. They don’t share the story behind it, it’s just “modern art” for anybody who asks.
- I can’t see him as the type who would strive to have kids. If anything, he would rather not. It’s not that he completely despises them, he’s just afraid of them. He’s afraid if he had a child they’d wind up like him and he wouldn’t know how to help them. He doesn’t want to burden another person’s life by having them inherit the bad parts of him.
- He has a map in the living room with pins all over marking the places in the world he has been and wants to go with his s/o. He really just wants to travel around and meet new people from different cultures who don’t think a mess of red hair is odd. Number one on his list is Scotland.
- When he gets into fights with his s/o, they’re usually petty things like, “How hard is it to cap the toothpaste up like this? There’s toothpaste all over the counter I wasn’t aware granite needed daily fluoride treatment too” and “Did you seriously use my hairbrush again?” “No.” “Really, ‘cause I wasn’t aware that my hair was bright fucking red.” Besides that, I can’t really see anything that is worth striking a domestic argument between Tendou and his s/o.