So ever listened to Hotel Mario’s theme and thought “hey this sounds kinda catchy and good”?
Well did you know the song actually dates back as far as 1933 in a film adaptation of Little Women? It’s performed at a party, and as far as I know, is never listed in the film’s soundtrack or in any credits. The audio’s taken straight from the film so pardon the dialogue included with the song, haha.
I wish I knew the tune’s origins though. I’ve made some extensive searches, but no luck. It sounds German, but that’s as far as I have guessed. I think the most accurate answer is the Phillips CDI was actually built in the 30s and Hotel Mario was just in development hell for all that time, but y’know, who knows.
If anyone’s got any clue what the song is though, please tell me! It’s been on my mind for years now!
So uh…yeah. I found a clean version of the song from Little Women that eventually became the Hotel Mario theme. I have no idea what its name is, the track it’s in is just called “Polka Medley.” Sorry I can’t be more help :V
I gotta admit, as an American, I have been very lazy with my skin. About a few years ago, using a little bar soap and rubbing it around on my face in the shower seemed liked plenty — i was young, didn’t get breakouts that often, and who really has the time??? Once I reached my twenties and I started getting more into makeup, I started realizing that taking care of my skin was going to be really important if I wanted my makeup to look good. Why put layers of heavy foundation on if you don’t have to? I was noticing that my skin looked overly dry and I was getting more breakouts. When I researched American skin care, the information was overwhelming, but so was the price. I wanted to go beyond stripping toners and greasy moisturizer and I didn’t want it to cost me hundreds of dollars.
Once I started getting more into k-dramas, I became more aware of the Korean skin care craze, and it interested me. While a few years ago, cleanser and moisturizer seemed more like a chore, I now incorporate anywhere from 4 to 10 steps in my skin care routine. While I don’t always want to do it, I know that taking care of my 30-year old skin will be worth it in the long run. I’m not afraid of getting older, but I’m also not rushing to make it come faster either!
Here is what I’m currently doing and am starting to notice a difference in my skin – I am constantly changing it around, but I try to keep the routine as consistent as I can.
Skin Type — Dry – Normal
1. CLEANSER: In the shower I use a foaming wash, currently Mizon Snail Repair Foam Cleanser, which doesn’t help me when I am having an acne moment, but cleans my skin very nicely. 1-2 times a week I will use an acne treatment cleanser, just to prevent breakouts. Right now, I’m using The Body Shop’s Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash. I don’t like using an acne cleanser every day, because it starts to overdry my skin. My skin is dry naturally, so I try to prevent it from being overdry.
2. TONER: Once I shower, I pat my face dry (don’t rub) and spritz on a little Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater. It’s not a traditional toner, but its a nice pick-me-up while I’m waiting for my current toner in the mail. American toners are very drying, but korean toners are much more moisturizing. Mario Badescu does well in a pinch, but once that is gone, I will be using the Scinic All Day Fine Pore Toner that I get with my subscription to Beauteque. Beauteque is monthly Korean subscription service bag that caters to skincare and makeup products. I’m really enjoying the service currently.
3. AMPOULE: I don’t have an essence currently, but before any serum I’ve been using the Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule. This is a completely new product to me, as I had never even heard of a ampoule. The steps that come between cleanser and moisturizer are meant to treat the skin’s problem areas, and for me I am concerned with dry dehydrated skin and hyper pigmentation. The ampoule is meant to help with that.
4. SERUM: My travel serum just ran out, but I’m waiting to try a new serum, Artnaturals Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid which will help with the hyper pigmentation in my skin. Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid are supposed to be great for your skin and I have had a lot of success with serums in the past. Both the ampoule and the serum are meant to be patted into the skin and I try to avoid rubbing as much as I possibly can.
5. EYE CREAM: Right now, I am using a generic avocado eye cream but once that is used up, I will use the Missha Super Aqua Relief Eye Cream, morning and night. This is probably one of the most important steps to me currently, as the eyes are the driest part of your face, and therefore the quickest to show signs of aging.
6. MOISTURIZER: I’m finishing a Ponds Moisturizing Lotion right now, but as soon as it arrives, I will be using the Nature Republic Aloe Vera Gel. As I said before, I suffer from dry and dehydrated skin (particularly in the winter) so something really soothing and moisturizing is really good for me. Aloe Vera also calms redness, which I can get around my nose and forehead. This is also often called emulsion – they are pretty much the same thing.
7. SUNSCREEN: The final step is one that I have been the most spotty about in my skin care. I currently use the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen before I apply my makeup primer, and I’m liking it just fine. I get so little exposure to the sun and I have been too lazy to use sunscreen since I was a child. I have medium-light toned middle eastern skin and I don’t burn in the sun very easily. The more I research, the more I understand that it doesn’t really matter how little sun I get, my skin needs to be protected from it. Excess sun exposure (especially gone unprotected) will only speed up the wrinkle formation and dehydrate your skin. The one I use isn’t greasy at all, so that is a plus for such an inexpensive sun screen.
At night, I add a few steps and focus a lot on brightening and moisturizing.
8. SHEET MASK: 2-3 times a week, after my serum, I will use a sheet mask. These are very inexpensive and are a great way to provide concentrated essence to your skin, targeting specific concerns. A great option, and one I am currently trying, is to use Beauteque’s Mask Maven subscription. For about 15 bucks a month, they send you 10-12 masks to try from many brands targeting a lot of different areas. It is so worth the money for me and I like having the opportunity to pamper my skin after a long day. I just pop one and watch youtube or a drama and just chill.
9. EXFOLIATE: Once or twice a week, I will exfoliate my skin using a wash cloth, but I will be starting to use Skinfood’s Pineapple Morning Peeling Gel to get rid of the dead skin on my face. A peeling gel is a gentler way to exfoliate your skin, and is something I have never really used. This is a step I have been more willing to skip, but I’ve really been trying to not neglect exfoliation, as I don’t want to apply great moisture to my skin if it’s just lying on top of dead cells.
10. SLEEPING PACK: Almost every night, I will use a sleeping pack, which helps to moisturize my skin while sleeping. Currently, I am using Scinic’s Collagen Jelly Cream, a Japanese Sleeping Packwith Hyaluronic Acid, and Laneige’s Water Sleeping Mask. I always wake up with incredibly soft skin, which for this dry skinned girl, is a dream.
I know it seems like a lot, but honestly, I really like how I feel after taking care of my skin. You can customize these steps to your own routine and needs, but don’t wait until you’re skin is in bad shape to start – start when your young, and your skin is able to bounce back quickly.
Below I will put a list of affordable skin care lines I’ve found and some youtube channels to watch if you’re interested in this process at all. I’ve really stepped up my game and I hope you do too. You deserve it!
What do the employees of Black Hat do in their time off? Do they play board games? Does Black Hat dominate in Monopoly?
Things that you probably shouldn’t do: 1) Play any game with BH. Things that happen on a regular basis: 1) Game night.
BLACK HAT IS THE TOP HAT IN MONOPOLY; NO EXCEPTIONS. (^this is the only hc i’ve ever written that really matters tbh)
He doesn’t need to cheat at monopoly; he’s a master at the craft. Does this mean he plays fair either? Fuck no.
BH: “hey flug if you buy JFK i’ll give you a raise” D: “What the– oh come on Boss!! Not fair!!” (has all but one of the airports)
“5.0.5 if you even think about touching Broadway I will mount your head above the fireplace.”
Apart from DDR (Dementia’s specialty, as seen earlier), Flug is the best when it comes to video games
Everyone has to lose on purpose if they play Mario Kart or else BH loses his shit
that being said, BH really sucks at Mario Kart
“Boss that little sign means you’re going backwar–” “I KNOW WHERE IM GOING, YOU IDIOT!”
BH is technologically challenged, to put it lightly. To state it bluntly, he breaks all the game consoles in the house when he gets mad. Normally he’ll just stay out of videogame contests and watch the rest of the group and play Just Dance or Wii Sports
5.0.5 knits in his free time. I’m gonna elaborate on this in the next ask.
“Come on Annabeth! This is supposed to be a friendly race!”
“There’s no such thing as “friends” in Mario Kart Jackson!”
A little request from Instagram that ended up being not so little, Percy and Annabeth doing something as friends because they were friends first and foremost before they became known as Percabeth™! (They’re younger in this so they’re not even
Annabeth takes video games VERY seriously, so if you don’t mind being absolutely destroyed in every game imaginable, she makes for a great opponent!
(The request was from persassyannabaeth, don’t know if they have a tumblr!)
gdocs title: ice gays - in russia, mario kart owns u
Little Yuri gave Yuri exactly one day to settle in before appearing with a scowl at the door, with a bag of piroshki and a demand for a Mario Kart rematch.
“I haven’t set up the Wii yet,” said Yuri, trying not to yawn. Little Yuri had appeared at an ungodly hour of the morning, even by Victor’s standards, and had just barely stopped short of barging into their bedroom and jumping up and down on their bed until they got up. Victor staggered past them to the kitchen, dropping a kiss reflexively on Yuri’s head (“Blech,” said little Yuri, but not as if he really meant it) and started to rummage blindly around in the cupboard.
Little Yuri stared at him and then shoved him toward Victor’s very expensive TV which, as far as Yuri had been so far been able to tell, had been half-assedly hooked up to a Blue-Ray when Victor got it and then ignored entirely in favor of watching pirated movies on his laptop. Yuri heaved a sigh and went over to figure out how to set it up. “You’re younger than me, shouldn’t you be doing this?”
“No,” said little Yuri.
In the kitchen area, Victor said a word that little Yuri had carefully taught the triplets when he was in Japan, and water splashed everywhere. “Nothing happened!” he said.
Little Yuri looked nauseated. “Did you idiots even get any sleep last night?” he demanded.
“Yurio,” said Yuri, fishing around HDMI cables to figure out what was actually connected, “give me a break, I got here and we spent twelve hours unpacking my stuff.”
One day, Yondu found an old Nintendo in a shabby tech shop. Knowing that Quill would love it, he of course got it for him. Since Peter is still out and about somewhere, Yondu and Kraglin can enjoy countless hours of Super Mario on this little bugger. Kraglin is far better at it than Yondu, though, and Yondu easily gets frustrated with it. Kraglin is looking forward to the day that no one will be yelling curses at a mushroom anymore right next to him when he tries to fall asleep.
Mario says, "I dunno about you, but I'm getting all funned out." Biwser says, "uh oh." Then mario says, "Don't tell me. We're about to go over a huge waterfall." Bowser says, "Yep." Mario says, "Sharp rocks at the bottom?" Then bowser says, "Most likely." Then Mario says, "...Bring it on." And when they fall mario yells, "BOOYAAAAHAHAHA!"
“I’m here to kick your ass!” You walked into his house, shutting the door behind you.
Upon turning around, you saw Alex standing in the kitchen looking at you with an amused smile as his father stood by him, seizing his actions to look over as he raised an eyebrow.
“Oh, hi Mr. Standall.” You smiled, walking over to lean on the counter.
“Hi Y/N.” He chuckled, “Why do you want to kick my son’s ass?”
You laughed, “Not physically. Just at Mario Kart.”
“Which she sucks at.” Alex smirked, taking a sip of his water.
“Shut up, Standall.” You playfully hit him in his chest as he laughed.
Officer Standall shook his head, turning his attention back to what he was doing prior to your entrance, “… that supposed to mean?” He heard you counter his son’s comment that he didn’t catch.
“I’m better than you.” Alex replied, laughing when you playfully tackled him.
His father looked over, smiling as he watched the two of you. He couldn’t be happier that his son found someone like you. There was never a day that Alex didn’t smile and that was all thanks to you.
“We’ll be in my room!” He called to his father as the two of you raced up the stairs, trying to beat the other.
“Careful on the stairs!” Officer Standall answered, amusement in his voice.
Once the two of you were up the stairs, you raced down the hall and barged into his room, quickly losing direction and falling onto his bed in a fit of laughter.
“I definitely won that.” Alex turned his head to look at you as he spoke.
“What? No way.” You protested.
“You cheated, therefore, you were disqualified.” He smirked, getting up to set up the game.
“How did I cheat?” You asked as he hooked the play-station up to the TV before moving to the controllers.
“You pushed me into the wall 4 times on our way down the hall.” He stopped what he was doing to look over at you with a playful glare.
“They were accidents!” You smiled, trying to be as innocent as possible.
You erupted into a fit of giggles when he continued to look at you and it caused him to break out into a wide smile as he shook his head, returning his attention back to the electronics in front of him. Once everything was set up and he put the disc into the game station, he picked up both controllers and began to make his way back to the bed to sit on the floor at the foot of it. You rolled over to get to your feet to join him but hadn’t realized how close you were to the edge and fell right over it, hitting the floor with a thud right at his feet, making him stop short to avoid stepping on you.
“Are you okay?” He asked but it was full of amusement as he tried to keep from laughing, looking down at you.
“I think I broke something.” You answered dramatically.
“You’re fine, Y/N. Move your fat ass.” He laughed.
You playfully glared up at him, gently kicking his leg. Before you knew it, he was on top of you, hands at your sides.
“No! Alex! Stop it!” You protested through your laughter, trying desperately to push him off of you.
“Give me one good reason why I should.” He smiled.
You leaned up, capturing his lips with your own. His actions seized almost immediately, his hands moving to rest on the floor on either side of you as he leaned down more.
“That’s a very good reason.” He smirked against your lips, causing a giggle to climb up your throat.
“You’re cheating!” You laughed, moving over to lean on Alex, trying to distract him.
“I don’t need to cheat, you’re horrible at this.” He smirked, laughing at your actions as you were now behind him, leaning against his back with a forearm on each shoulder, pressing the buttons as you tried to block his vision with your controller, “Now look who’s cheating.”
“I would never!” You defended, “I’m just trying to get a better view.”
Your player, Yoshi, caught up to Alex’s player, Luigi, but once he noticed he slowed down then slammed into Yoshi, sending him across the track and into the water.
“Alex! You did that on purpose, you asshole!” He erupted into laughter, the two of you pressing ‘X’ to begin a new race.
As soon as the countdown hit '1’, you took off ahead of him, trying to stay on the road.
“Its a good thing you don’t actually drive like this.” He taunted, passing you with ease when you collided with the wall.
“Trash talking, is this what we’re doing?”
“I’m just stating a fact.”
You scoffed, “Your hair is ridiculous.”
“Excuse me?” He raised an eyebrow, amused
“I’m just stating a fact.” You mocked him playfully, his adorable laughter filling the room.
It wasn’t a surprise that Alex won again, earning a tackle to the floor from you as the two of you laughed loudly, his father chuckling to himself as he set the table. You successfully pinned the blonde to the floor as you straddled his hips, “I always forget how much I love it when you’re on top.” He smirked, staring up at you as he licked his lips.
“Hm, me too.” You played along, making him laugh before you leaned down and kissed him.
“Dinner’s ready!” Officer Standall called up the stairs.
“We’ll be down in a minute!” Alex answered then was caught in another kiss when you leaned back down.
I was so surprised to see how many people loved my Mario/Bob Ross post! I didn’t think it it would get so much attention. So here’s another drawing of Mario and his little friends waiting for some cookies!