“They Fight a Fire That Won’t Go Out” — the infamous LIFE Magazine photo of high school students being firehosed for protesting segregation, taken by Marine combat photographer Charles Moore in Birmingham, Alabama. May 3rd 1963
Rules For A Gunfight by Drill Instructor Joe B. Fricks, USMC
1. Forget about knives, bats and fists. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns. Bring four times the ammunition you think you could ever need.
2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammunition is cheap – life is expensive. If you shoot inside, buckshot is your friend. A new wall is cheap – funerals are expensive.
3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
4. If your shooting stance is good, you’re probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.
5. Move away from your attacker and go to cover. Distance is your friend. (Bulletproof cover and diagonal or lateral movement are preferred.)
6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a semi or full-automatic long gun and a friend with a long gun.
7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running. Yell “Fire!” Why “Fire”? Cops will come with the Fire Department, sirens often scare off the bad guys, or at least cause then to lose concentration and will…. and who is going to summon help if you yell ”Intruder,” “Glock” or “Winchester?”
9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on “pucker factor” than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
11. Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
12. Have a plan.
13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won’t work. “No battle plan ever survives 10 seconds past first contact with an enemy.”
14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible, but remember, sheetrock walls and the like stop nothing but your pulse when bullets tear through them.
15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
16. Don’t drop your guard.
17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees. Practice reloading one-handed and off-hand shooting. That’s how you live if hit in your “good” side.
18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. Smiles, frowns and other facial expressions don’t (In God we trust. Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.)
19. Decide NOW to always be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet if necessary, because they may want to kill you.
22. Be courteous to everyone, overly friendly to no one.
23. Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
24. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with anything smaller than ”4″.
25. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. “All skill is in vain when an Angel blows the powder from the flintlock of your musket.” At a practice session, throw your gun into the mud, then make sure it still works. You can clean it later.
26. Practice shooting in the dark, with someone shouting at you, when out of breath, etc.
27. Regardless of whether justified or not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature.
28. The only thing you EVER say afterwards is, “He said he was going to kill me. I believed him. I’m sorry, Officer, but I’m very upset now. I can’t say anything more. Please speak with my attorney.”
Finally, Drill Instructor Frick’s Rules For Un-armed Combat.
French people, little reminder (FRENCH) YOUTH SCREWS THE NATIONAL FRONT
We’ve already been here in the late 80′s, and in no way we’re gonna accept that again. “NOUS SOMMES TOUS DES ENFANTS D’IMMIGRÉS, PREMIERE, DEUXIEME, TROISIEME GENERATION” (”We’re all children of immigrants, first, second, third generation”).
No one wants fascists ass at the head of our country. Just because some of us are scared by current events, doesn’t mean we should give up to the worst assholes out there, and sacrifice our freedom for a promised safety. They’re not going to give us safety. They’ll just shape the country with their twisted view, their hostility towards people who have never caused them any harm, except showing that humanity doesn’t come in one shape and color and that it’s not because we have different skin colors, cultures and languages that we can’t get along together.
The Le Pen family is a rich white and xenophobic family, who’s party, the Front National (often shortened to “FN”), is a far-right party known for the many scandals and other absurdities of its representants. Among its creators we can count ex-Waffen SS Léon Gaultier, ex-member of the SS Charlemagne Division (French unit which voluntereed in the Wehrmacht), Pierre Bousquet and many other people from extremist groups and militias.
Of course we also count the very infamous (no need to explain why) Jean-Marie Le Pen, among the founders of the party. This man was for a long time the reason why people were aware of the danger of this party, he was very open about his xenophobic and negationnistic views and was the leader of the party at the time Bérurier Noir sung the song above, chanting “Never again with the 20%” (FN scored high in various elections at the time, it was unacceptable for them - and we understand why).
Sadly though, this doesn’t stop many French people to think that “it has changed with Marine”.
Now. I know a lot of our many parties and political representatives are neither clean or angels, may they be from the right or the left or every other part of the political spectrum. But voting for the far-right, especially when they’re crystal clear about their intentions, when we have books, websites, studies, archives (texts, videos) with the help of which we can understand, and see how bad these people are, it’s incomprehensible, unacceptable, to see people chosing this party over the rest. It’s unacceptable, for our country, to see such people rise again, 84 years after the election of a certain nationalist in Germany (The National Socialist German Worker’s Party was only socialist by name, so stop bringing that up), 78 years after the start of a war that will leave a considerable scar in our people’s mind and our own History (and all of Europe). For a country who has witnessed and endured such horrors, less than a century ago, happening to its neighboors and itself, I cannot understand how we can accept to repeat History. And to those who will tell me the FN is not like that, and that we’ve never tried it: you don’t need to taste shit to know it’s shit.
You might accuse me of reaching the Godwin’s Law, but just because some people are quick to use the “NAZI!” argument (especially on tumblr, oh god), doesn’t mean that everytime we try to warn people about fascism and rising populism it’s a joke. The National Front is truly a danger, a 45 old party, founded by xenophobic people, still led by the Lepen family, a rich, white and xenophobic family who still doesn’t understand shit (or wants to) about French people’s situation.
Crocodile trying to kill Luffy at Alabasta vs. Crocodile saving Luffy at Marineford
i love how Crocodile’s relationship with Luffy changes so much between Alabasta & Marineford. Crocodile’s plans were all ruined by Luffy, but Croc tries so hard to save Luffy during the war (and even saves Ace!). Crocodile has a lot of sides to him, and I do believe that he likes and respects Luffy on some level.