1. Favourite female character/s? Frankie. i love her, i’d like to think i’m like her, but its more likely that i just really want to be friends with her.
2. Favourite male character/s? i like finnikin, and I love Tom and Will, and Jonah. i like them all. I think will is my favourite though. i understand his shyness.
3. Favourite book/s? Saving Francesca and piper’s son, with finnikin as a close second.
4. Favourite romantic pairing/s? Will and frankie, isaboe and finnikin, froi and quintana- with a soft spot for tom and tara.
and of course the future romance of annabel and luca
5. Favourite friendship/s? all the saving francesca people. hannah and taylor. jessa and taylor
6. Favourite family? the mackee-finchs
7. Favourite quote/s?
It’s a weird smile, but it reaches his eyes and I bottle it. And I put it in my ammo pack that’s kept right next to my soul and Justine’s spirit and Siobhan’s hope and Tara’s passions. Because if I’m going to wake up one morning and not be able to get out of bed, I’m going to need everything I’ve got to fight this disease that could be sleeping inside of me.”
“People with lost personalities will suffer a great deal more than those with lost virginities.”
“Oh God, Frankie, I breathe in rhythm with that man. You think that’s not my flesh and blood after all these years?”
“And if I get a little chemically imbalanced in the head, like we all know I tend to get sometimes, and I don’t want my parents or brother knowing, Will’s like, ‘We’ll deal with it.’ He’s never said, 'I’ll fix it up.’ He just says, 'You’re not up to going back to uni to finish your Honours this year? Big deal. There’s next year. We’ll deal with it.’” She nods. “That’s what he does well.”
8. Favourite scene/s? tom and frankie talking about her relationship with will and how he’s bad at romance but such a great guy. Dom and Tom in the park when they go running. the scene in froi where they have a burial ceremony sending the burning body down river. Any scene about isaboe as a mother not a queen.
9. Favourite book cover/s? none of them really stand out. the Aussie ones are better than the american ones though.
gaaaah I don’t even have enough words for how perfect this mix is - it’s beyond perfect and I love it so much (and am listening to it on repeat for the next eternity). thank you antonietta for being fabulous and putting this together, you really made my week. <3
Answer these questions and either submit it to this blog or post it on your own and tag it #marchetta valentines in the first 5 tags, to make things easier for your valentine! Also, it’s always interesting to see people’s favourites.
1. Favourite female character/s?
Isaboe and Francesca
2. Favourite male character/s?
Thomas Mackee and Froi.
3. Favourite book/s?
Argh whhhhhhhy?! OK, Saving Francesca and The Piper’s Son
4. Favourite romantic pairing/s?
Isaboe and Finnikin
5. Favourite friendship/s?
Sir Topher and Finnikin, Tom and Georgie
6. Favourite family?
The Mackee family. They are incredible.
7. Favourite quote/s?
“Because without our language, we have lost ourselves. Who are we without our words?” - Finnikin of the Rock
8. Favourite scene/s?
Too many, don’t make me.
9. Favourite book cover/s?
Almost all of the covers are terrible - why is that?!
This one is my least-hated:
10. Favourite anything-you-want! theme
I love all the politics. The international relations in The Lumatere Chronicles and the Union stuff in The Piper’s Son. I love how all her characters care deeply about stuff. Not just about their families or their friends, but about the world around them and the issues that affect everyone. It’s heartbreaking but it’s beautiful.