[1/1] Ace character: Beth March “You do remember that I’m ace, right?” “Yeah, but just because you’re asexual doesn’t mean you’re aromantic, and just because you don’t look at someone and want to bang them doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t want to date them”
It'a National Book Lover’s Day and what better way to celebrate than with a few literary web series? While there are a ton of amazing web series out there both literary and non-literary, we’ve selected some fan favorites and some you may not have heard of!
1. All For One- If the original musketeers were queer and female, All For One is what you’d get. Set in modern day unversity, this adaptation of The Three Musketeers features a fierce cast and mind blowing story to tell.
2. Carmilla - Perhaps the original Le Fanu novella is less well known but the web series sure as hell isn’t! Carmilla features a broody lesbian vampire, a non-binary character (LaFhooray!), lots of mysteries to solve, a determined detective far too curious for her own good and more!
3. In Earnest - Oscar Wilde’s play The Importance of Being Earnest comes to life in this modern day web series featuring a similar storytelling style that Wilde often used. The series takes old Victorian values and fits them into today’s modern culture. It features themes of romance, friendships and all that good stuff.
4. The Lizzie Bennet Diaries - Quite possibly the catalyst in the literary web series space, this modern re-telling of Pride and Prejudice really took the internet by storm earning them global recognition and becoming the first digital series to win an Emmy!
5. The March Family Letters - Louisa May Alcott’s classic book Little Women comes to life in this modern day web series following the March sisters as they capture their days via video to send to their beloved Marmie who’s away on deployment. There’s lots of laughs and cries to be had with the series that you won’t want to miss.
6. The Misselthwaite Archives - This modern adaptation of The Secret Garden follows Mary Lennox who moves to her uncle’s large and lonely estate after the death of her parents. She hates everything about her new home but after discovering the hidden glade where her aunt passed away years ago things start to get interesting!
7. The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy- With season three of this epic web series, The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy is perfect for any lost boy (or girl!) who loved Peter Pan as a child. We get to follow pretty immature Peter as he sets off to finally becoming an adult and dealing with all the drama that comes with it, including getting his best friend Wendy to fall in love with him.
Have other literary web series to share with us? Sends us a tweet @netTVnow and share some of your favorites with us!
And as an added bonus…The Slutty Book Club! Check out their no-filter reviews on books in an array of literary sections from fiction to Kim Kardashian’s selfie book you’ll give yourself all the laughs!
Asexual webseries characters in the asexual flag for Asexual Awareness Week
Luke/The Adventures of Serena Berg, Priscilla/Green Gables Fables, Blair/The Blair Goddess Project, Cyrus/The Grey Tarmac Road, Beth/The March Family Letters, Romy/Any Other Vlog, Sherlock/The Adventures of Jamie Watson, Billy/High’rd Help